Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Nightclub in limerick ?

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

Over 25's, guaranteed to be a couple of stuffy pr1cks on the door so.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,097 ✭✭✭✭zuroph

place will be so quiet they'll let most in im sure.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,149 ✭✭✭✭Berty

Maybe its the new Teds. They are the only types of customers who venture around that area.

My only memory of that place was when it was the restaurant. My colleague who was a bit thick said to the server after reading the crab starter "How are your crabs tonight?"

Smoking room was quite good when I was there though a bit of a trek from the ground floor.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pam21

Well best of luck to them, i for one think its a great concept hopefully they`ll do really well, some of the ppl on this board are so negative a new idea and before you see or try it you knock it at least its creating jobs in the city and providing people with an alternative ... ... there opening nxt week so the proof will be in the pudding....

Pam21 wrote: »
    Well best of luck to them, i for one think its a great concept hopefully they`ll do really well, some of the ppl on this board are so negative a new idea and before you see or try it you knock it at least its creating jobs in the city and providing people with an alternative ... ... there opening nxt week so the proof will be in the pudding....

Troll

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

I'm surprised that s lot of people here seem to be buying this. This is just The Bank. They had a posh restaurant. That didn't work. They revampted it to a steak house. That didn't work. They changed it to a night club. That didn't work. They changed the name....and again. And it's a bit pathetic that they put out a rumour that some chic from Miami bought it. No doubt to create a glam buzz about the place. Sad!!!

It was already stated above that this is completely separate from the Bank, so give it a chance before you knock it.

And the quote about the rugby jocks is deadly!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Pam21

Troll
    seriously dude ..........

Dude. Seriously. Dude. :D ah i might spin up tonight to check d fuss, if its open.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

zuroph wrote: »
    Dude. Seriously. Dude. :D ah i might spin up tonight to check d fuss, if its open.

Did anyone check it out or does it not open until next wkend?

didnt make it up, i'll try next weekend.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Troll spammer

fyp :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dooradoyledude

Hey folks,

I had a nose in there friday night, Nice place, it wasnt packed bout 140/150 but still had a good atmosphere, the doormen and girl on the cashdesk were nice .Not a sign of a scumbag in the place so none of the teds crowd were in. It was just myself, the mrs and another couple, all about 26-32, so it was perfect for us they have a good dance floor and alot of leather sofas with cushions and the like.They had a big drink list and it wasnt that pricey had a good bit of top shelf stuff like hennessey xo but for a round with vodkas and coke , jd and a pint of coors it was i think 25 quid which is good.We`ll be back there anyway our kinda seen didnt see any of the afterdarker types. The manager came over and introduced herself and asked us what we thought and could they make any improvements which we thought was good at least it was personal.The only thing i wasnt gone on was the carpet coming up the stairs but after that it was nice and comfy and they put a good bit of effort into it anyway. thats my lot anyway

• Closed Accounts Posts: 565 ✭✭✭Millie

Deadly, might hop in there next Friday night.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭gaf1983

...they also do a steak up until 1.00am...

Hmmm, a feed of pints of a Friday evening then stumble in the door at half 12 for some steak and onions: this could be the start of a beautiful friendship. Afraid I might have to say my goodbyes to Fast Eddie, The Chicken Hut, and The Restaurant Formerly Known as the Lobster Pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 753 ✭✭✭badboyblast

got my invites anyway, so im gonna call up and try the steak at some stage :)

Was`nt the bank done lately for bad kitchens by the food hygene crowd?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 Dooradoyledude

its nothing to do with the bank and they have a side entrance quote]

this has a different kitchen and stuff .

• Registered Users Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭bantee

LOL at the op letting on he's an interested punter. Pretty obvious marketing thread, but fair play, hope the club does well for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,366 ✭✭✭ninty9er

Hey folks,

I had a nose in there friday night, Nice place, it wasnt packed bout 140/150 but still had a good atmosphere, the doormen and girl on the cashdesk were nice .Not a sign of a scumbag in the place so none of the teds crowd were in. It was just myself, the mrs and another couple, all about 26-32, so it was perfect for us they have a good dance floor and alot of leather sofas with cushions and the like.They had a big drink list and it wasnt that pricey had a good bit of top shelf stuff like hennessey xo but for a round with vodkas and coke , jd and a pint of coors it was i think 25 quid which is good.We`ll be back there anyway our kinda seen didnt see any of the afterdarker types. The manager came over and introduced herself and asked us what we thought and could they make any improvements which we thought was good at least it was personal.The only thing i wasnt gone on was the carpet coming up the stairs but after that it was nice and comfy and they put a good bit of effort into it anyway. thats my lot anyway

Not exactly great value, but not the worst I've heard of, that's assuming there were 3 cokes on that order and not 1.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 67 ✭✭Magicman1

So I went on Saturday night.....and i thought it was grand....not packed but I'd say it's because it's new.....the atmosphere was good and it wasn't overpriced...there's a menu that has cocktails and other expensive drinks on it but if you stay away from that menu you own't do too bad!

No sign of steaks on sale anywhere...and when I asked the dj for some skooter he gave a little giggle, not on offer there apparently but I was impressed with the music for the most part especially the marvin gaye, dusty springfield, stevie wonder set!

All in all. not too bad, a change from the norm, not a cattle mart and if you're up for a less than hectic night then its great.:rolleyes:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 568 ✭✭✭TheLoc

Magicman1 wrote: »
    So I went on Saturday night.....and i thought it was grand....not packed but I'd say it's because it's new.....the atmosphere was good and it wasn't overpriced...there's a menu that has cocktails and other expensive drinks on it but if you stay away from that menu you own't do too bad!

No sign of steaks on sale anywhere...and when I asked the dj for some skooter he gave a little giggle, not on offer there apparently but I was impressed with the music for the most part especially the marvin gaye, dusty springfield, stevie wonder set!

All in all. not too bad, a change from the norm, not a cattle mart and if you're up for a less than hectic night then its great.:rolleyes:
    Scooter? no wonder he laughed at you haha :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,361 ✭✭✭Itsdacraic

Story with this joint?

Im booked for a magic gig there in March, still havent gotten the time to get up there and try it out, have a few comps sitting around too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,916 ✭✭✭RonMexico

Im booked for a magic gig there in March, still havent gotten the time to get up there and try it out, have a few comps sitting around too.

Can you magically turn any ugly wimminz in the club into Megan Fox clones? :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Anyone know about Players? the new exotic club?

theres no mention of lap dancing, i thin, it might be a dancer club.. we'll see i guess, opened tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,932 ✭✭✭The Saint

RonMexico wrote: »
    Can you magically turn any ugly wimminz in the club into Megan Fox clones? :pac:

Yup. He can magically pour a bottle of whiskey down your gullet. Seems to magically work for most guys on a saturday night in town. Funny when they wake up the hot chick they went home with magically transformed into the back end of a defecating pig.

mmm pig.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,239 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

beer-helping-ugly-people-have-sex-710667.jpg

Available in most pubs while stocks last.

Also advisable to leave your standards at home. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,145 ✭✭✭baza1976

This thread is all a cheap add. I've read it from start to the end and there is 3 posters who are in on it. Fair play to ye for getting one past the Mods lol. Hope the place is working out for ye. From what ye say it must be a nice place, must check it out........

• Advertisement

baza1976 wrote: »
    This thread is all a cheap add. I've read it from start to the end and there is 3 posters who are in on it. Fair play to ye for getting one past the Mods lol. Hope the place is working out for ye. From what ye say it must be a nice place, must check it out........

You will notice I challenged the OP very early on about working for the club but that question was never replied to.

Its outside of my age group and social circle anyway so I would never go there.

Advertisement