Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Alloys up north!

Options
  • 27-11-2008 4:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭

Hey people,
    Looking at putting some alloys on my VW golf. Was wondering would it be cheaper getting them up north (I'm in Dublin), heading up to Belfast next week, would they do it while my missus is shopping???

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Get some at alloywheelsni.com very reasonable prices!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Try ebay a seller called wheelbase got my alloys off them for a good price.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,425 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

you should get a deal with the current exchange rate, but try pick a seller, contact them to pick a wheel tyre combo and ensure they have them in stock and in your fitment ready to fit on the day your up there, otherwise you could be driving around looking for a garage to fit them and have the correct fitment, offset etc for your car.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

yes and avoid the cheaper tyre wheel packages that come with ditch finders,spend the few extra notes and get some decent rubber.

Is the golf mk 4 or 5? (could be older but im presuming here)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

Cheers for the info lads, but I was hoping someone knew of a place close enough to Belfast. It's the MK4.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,590 ✭✭✭tossy

In my opinion you are better off going to a place like alloywheels.ie in dublin or shopping on line and lettingthe wheels come to you.

Just for your info the stud pattern for the mk4 is 5x100 and the ideal ET (offset) is 35,its good to arm yourself with a little knowledge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭napapa

cheers,nearly got caught buyin a set of MK5 alloys (think they're 5 115) whats the offset value?

Advertisement