Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with Innovative Project Ideas

Options
  • 27-11-2008 4:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭

Hi

I am part of a 5 member team currently doing a BIS Masters in UCC.

Part of the course is to complete a group project based on new software development topics in information systems or to get involved in a substantial development project in a commercial environment.

Typically, students are required to identify and plan a new software system or significant computer development project that addresses a specific business or organisational need.

I was wondering does anyone know of any project ideas that we could take a look at or does anyone have any innovative ideas we could research for the project.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

doyler442 wrote: »
    Hi

I am part of a 5 member team currently doing a BIS Masters in UCC.

Part of the course is to complete a group project based on new software development topics in information systems or to get involved in a substantial development project in a commercial environment.

Typically, students are required to identify and plan a new software system or significant computer development project that addresses a specific business or organisational need.

I was wondering does anyone know of any project ideas that we could take a look at or does anyone have any innovative ideas we could research for the project.

Hmmm, to give an idea or not to give an idea, that is the question, but what is the answer!?!

Is it a web based idea you are looking for or some inhouse concept to resolve a particular problem?
    Any help would be greatly appreciated[/QUOTE]

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

Is it a web based idea you are looking for or some inhouse concept to resolve a particular problem?

It can be either - if a business has a problem that they feel needs to be corrected and is somewhat innovative they could let us know the situation and we can try and come up with ideas and try and develop them to a final system.

• Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭doyler442

doyler442 wrote: »

It can be either - if a business has a problem that they feel needs to be corrected and is somewhat innovative they could let us know the situation and we can try and come up with ideas and try and develop them to a final system.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 183 ✭✭JDLK

Do you guys have to develop the software solution or just recommend an existing one?

Microsoft recently launched Azure- a cloud computing service that supports this type of thing

Advertisement