Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Just back from a dealer who said....

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 618 ✭✭✭pipsqueak

Anyone see an irish reg 05 530d m sport out there for 20 grand? Irish reg (under 100k miles )if ya did let me know pls. cos i got 20k just burning a hole in my pocket right now!!
    i know the trade is in rag order but cheapest i saw was for 34 on carzone.
    just putting it out there......:cool:. not holding out much hope though

• Registered Users Posts: 7,667 ✭✭✭maidhc

quarryman wrote: »
    I sort of agree. How is you looking dumb going to get a better deal? Don't get the logic...

You can (as you see fit) slowly intorduce him to the idea you actually know your stuff. He (or she) will be put on the back foot, and you will either get honesty or a big deep hole will be dug, plenty deep enough for you to reach the conclusion this car is not for you.

At the end of the day you are just playing mind games. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,035 ✭✭✭✭-Chris-

I'd agree with the "Don't let them know how much you know" school of though, not in the sense that you want to catch the salesperson out, but that you'll be able to spot if they're bulling you or not.

I'm very conscious of not making up answers when dealing with customers, if they catch you being flexible with the truth in one aspect, it's likely to damage your credibility in all other aspects.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,031 ✭✭✭mumhaabu

buddygit wrote: »
    Back when the new tax rates were being intoduced - i checked the SIMI website and all I got for my trouble was a nasty virus :mad:

Its wouldn't be the only Virus, the SIMI suffer alot from verbal diarrhoea. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Flyer1

Haven't read the rest of this thread, but what he's telling you is utter verbal diahorrea.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

maidhc wrote: »
    You can (as you see fit) slowly intorduce him to the idea you actually know your stuff. He (or she) will be put on the back foot, and you will either get honesty or a big deep hole will be dug, plenty deep enough for you to reach the conclusion this car is not for you.

At the end of the day you are just playing mind games. :D

yeah, good point.

I guess if you play dumb and ask questions you know the answer to then you'll know if they are being honest.

Advertisement