Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question on dual heating system

Options
  • 27-11-2008 5:50pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭

I have a Stanley 'range' in the kitchen which when lit and the thermostat temp is met will pump water around the radiators upstairs with absolutely none going to the downstairs radiators.
    If the oil heating is running all radiators work.

Any idea what would cause this? I bought the house a year ago and never spotted this. It's not a huge issue but would be nice to have it sorted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,632 ✭✭✭ART6

JackieChan wrote: »
    I have a Stanley 'range' in the kitchen which when lit and the thermostat temp is met will pump water around the radiators upstairs with absolutely none going to the downstairs radiators.
    If the oil heating is running all radiators work.

Any idea what would cause this? I bought the house a year ago and never spotted this. It's not a huge issue but would be nice to have it sorted.

That's a wierd one! It almost sounds like your upstairs and downstairs rads are on separate circuits that can be isolated from each other with valves. So then on the oil boiler output there could be a valve for each circuit and both of them open, while on the Stanley output also two valves but only the one for upstairs open. It's not something I've often come across personally, but I guess it's possible. Where such valves might be I couldn't guess, but the most likley place would be in a hot press.

Advertisement