Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HiTech Training - Electronics Equipment Repair Course

Options
  • 27-11-2008 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭

Hi all

Looking to do a night course in electronics, get to grips with the basics etc. It's mostly so I can repair and modify my electric guitar and not have to take it to a tech but also out of general interest.

Found this course in HiTech Training on North Great George's St. Link here ---> http://www.hitechtraining.ie/Electronics.htm

Anyone familiar with this crowd? What are they like? Anyone do this particular course? Etc. etc.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,952 ✭✭✭✭Stoner

never heard of them, but you seem to have researched it a bit, sounds perfect for messing with ampfiliers, and the City and Guilds exams will bring you to a recognised standard, looks decent enough to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

Yeah they seem pretty good, they're sending me out a course brochure and the like. Are there any courses like this that you've heard of in Dublin?

Total course fees are €800. For 15 weeks it doesn't seem too bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

I've signed up for the next course which starts early February 2009. I'd been looking to for a short part time course but could only find multi year college related courses. After seeing this [thread=2055362437]thread[/thread] I looked again add found the one offered by HiTech.

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fobster

I'll check those books out that you mentioned in the other thread. Put a bit of groundwork in before the course.

• Registered Users Posts: 441 ✭✭robfitz

Just as a follow up on a private message.
    Did you take the course and if so how did you get on with them?

Yes myself and friend did the same course, we both felt it was a waste of time and money. The teacher failed to inspire the class in the subject of electronics. Even though I paid for it myself, I felt resented and unappreciated by the teacher; maybe due to the high of number from FAS doing the course. The location was fine, the notes/course were ok, and the electronic components/devices we worked with were adequate.

I would not recommend it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Wappo

robfitz wrote: »
    Just as a follow up on a private message.

Yes myself and friend did the same course, we both felt it was a waste of time and money. The teacher failed to inspire the class in the subject of electronics. Even though I paid for it myself, I felt resented and unappreciated by the teacher; maybe due to the high of number from FAS doing the course. The location was fine, the notes/course were ok, and the electronic components/devices we worked with were adequate.

I would not recommend it.

Hey robfitz,
    i'm thinking of doing that same course myself (Hi-tock training),
    could you tell me what sort of electronics are covered in the course,
    e.g what you could repair as say a side line(hobby) for now,
    or if you wanted to make a career out of it,and did the repair 2
    and the digital repair course,would it be worth the time and money?

Thanks.

Advertisement