Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IrelandOffline today have decided to reform

Options
  • 27-11-2008 5:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,051 ✭✭✭

IrelandOffline today have decided to reform.
    A more formal announcement will be available in the next few days.

This has been prompted by the decision of the minister to award the NBS contract to a 3G provider. We feel this is an unprecedented error as 3G can never possibly be classified as broadband.

More information will be available in the coming days, please check here on this forum or on our website for more details.
    www.irelandoffline.org
    or info@irelandoffline.org for more information.

We plan on writing to the minister and using our press contacts to publicise the error of the ministers decision.

Support us and we can speak with one voice.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,943 ✭✭✭long_b

Class. Unfortunate as it is, that's the best broadband related news I've had in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,864 ✭✭✭MunsterCycling

Begs the question why they ever disbanded in the first place. That aside this is good news.

MC

• Registered Users Posts: 5,560 ✭✭✭Slutmonkey57b

Lack of support from the members for the most part. IofflL spoke on behalf of a lot of people but those same people weren't necessarily prepared to put their time where their mouth was (I being one of them).

• Registered Users Posts: 5,119 ✭✭✭homer911

Oh! You mean re-form. I thought they had done something wrong...

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 35,943 Mod ✭✭✭✭dr.bollocko

Keep on Rockin IOFFL. Someone has to drag this country kicking and screaming into ten years ago for the rest of the world.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I am flipping delighted. How do i become a member?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭koHd

Yea, how do we join?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭barnicles

I am flipping delighted. How do i become a member?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭damien

About time. Best of luck, it's going to be tough work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Great news, shocking that minister thought he could do this and that nobody would stand up against him.

The public cannot tolerate his nonsense statistics and press statements anymore.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

bealtine wrote: »
    IrelandOffline today have decided to reform.
    A more formal announcement will be available in the next few days.

This has been prompted by the decision of the minister to award the NBS contract to a 3G provider. We feel this is an unprecedented error as 3G can never possibly be classified as broadband.

More information will be available in the coming days, please check here on this forum or on our website for more details.
    www.irelandoffline.org
    or info@irelandoffline.org for more information.

We plan on writing to the minister and using our press contacts to publicise the error of the ministers decision.

Support us and we can speak with one voice.

Many thanks

If you need help with running costs, why don't you set up a paypal link on your website. I'm sure there'd be quite a few people prepared to donate a couple of Euro every now and again.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

It's more people prepared to donate serious amounts of time was the issue before. Running a web site these days is cheaper than running your own PC. Who gets to mind the the money?

Good idea though to build a fighting fund to maybe take someone to court :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Bob the Builder

It has the support of a 16 year old student here, who has been cut off from the world by shoddy broadband services (sometimes always-on broadband), who is willing to assist in whatever campaigns necessary while waiting for his pages to load, with a tenner in my pocket ready to invest at the nearest opportunity.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Galen

Great; I didn't think they could find someone more incompetent than Dempsey but they managed it with Ryan.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,743 ✭✭✭kleefarr

watty wrote: »
    It's more people prepared to donate serious amounts of time was the issue before. Running a web site these days is cheaper than running your own PC. Who gets to mind the the money?

Good idea though to build a fighting fund to maybe take someone to court :(

Yep, agreed. It doesn't take much to run a website, but the other financial commitments required to run a working office and possible court cases etc, as you suggested, would do.

Just something to think about should they decided that help is required financially.

Advertisement