Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Soy milk mixing

Options
  • 27-11-2008 6:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Hi, decided to give soy milk a go. Got my first soy milk carton and made a cup of coffee and poured it in and it went all weird, didn't mix at all. Had read the carton and it said to pour in soy before adding boiling water. Didn't think it would make a difference and I made another and it did't? Is this normal?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

i'm not a soya milk drinker myself, but perhaps the coffee might need to cool for a bit first? i heard that last time advice was shouted out when soya milk was poured too quickly into hot coffee. hopefully someone else can give you first hand info :)

• Registered Users Posts: 981 ✭✭✭flikflak

I find it depends on the brand of soy milk and the coffee.

I cant use it when I have coffee made in my expresso maker but my folks have the seneso machine and they use supermarkets own brand unsweetned soy milk and pour it in first and that does not cause the curdling.

Do a google search for it and you will find lots of tips.

I just drink mine black!!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭Nature Boy

I don't drink coffee but I've seen it go like that alright. Odly enough it doesn't happen with tea.

• Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭jimmay

flikflak wrote: »

I just drink mine black!!

lol I think that might be the easiest

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭sweet-rasmus

found this in the Vegan Catering For All booklet from the Vegan Society.
    The acidity of coffee may cause soya milk to curdle. This can be avoided by heating the milk and allowing the coffee to cool slightly before adding the milk. Another remedy is to pour a lot of milk in quickly, stirring all the time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭SAVE_ME.222

Mix the coffee, sugar, and soy milk together in the cup first, works for me. By the way there is really nice soy milk in aldi for 89c / litre.

Advertisement