Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Happy Thanksgiving!

• 27-11-2008 7:05pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭

Have a great day watching football.

Someone should tell the Lions players they're supposed to get stuffed after the game. :p

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,067 ✭✭✭tallaghtoutlaws

They are getting carved up like a turkey mmmmmmmm Turkey I wish I was still in the US right now whu oh why did I come home early :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,757 ✭✭✭Trampas

Detroit are useless.

That must be the shortest punt in history.

when are the lads getting the turkey out

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,066 ✭✭✭Sea Devils

Happy Thankgiving everyone.:)

Surprised the Lions didn't go for it there. Your a 0-11 team losing 35-3, what have you got to lose?

here comes the turkey

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

Their worst thanksgiving day defeat ever, it must suck to be a Lions fan right now.

Hope the Seahawks Cowboys game is more of a contest, otherwise i'm not staying up for the late one.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

Romo is dominating the seahawks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

Game over already...disapointing with the games this year. Eagles v Ariz should be much closer....hopefully...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Stupid penalty on the first drive, stupid fumble on the second. Holmgren should walk away now, no point hanging around if this is the rubbish he's gonna produce.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,035 ✭✭✭Funkyzeit

this could be a trouncing !

d Holmgren should walk away now, no point hanging around if this is the rubbish he's gonna produce.

He's leaving the Seahawks at the end of the season to take a break from the game

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,001 ✭✭✭Royal Seahawk

Sea Devils wrote: »
    He's leaving the Seahawks at the end of the season to take a break from the game

Yeah, i know that, just don't see the point in him hanging around for the rest of the season. No harm getting Mora Jnr to take over the reigns now to get him warmed up for next season. I could never understand why he came out and said this would be his final season and Troy Aikman seems to agree with me. It was a ridiculous decision and now the 'Hawks are suffering as a result.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,788 ✭✭✭Vikings

1 27/11/2008 TEN Titans @ DET Lions
    (Point Spread) TEN Titans -11.0 10/11 None Won
    2 27/11/2008 TEN Titans @ DET Lions
    (Game Totals) Over 44.0 10/11 None Won
    3 27/11/2008 SEA Seahawks @ DAL Cowboys
    (Point Spread) DAL Cowboys -12.5 10/11 None Won
    4 27/11/2008 SEA Seahawks @ DAL Cowboys
    (Game Totals) Under 46.5 10/11 None Won
    5 28/11/2008 ARZ Cardinals @ PHL Eagles
    (Game Totals) Over 46.5 10/11 None Won
    6 28/11/2008 ARZ Cardinals @ PHL Eagles
    (Point Spread) PHL Eagles -3.0 1/1 None Won
    Multiples
    Bet Type No of Bets Unit Stake Stake To Win Returns
    6 Folds 1 5.00 5.00 248.59 253.60

Happy Thanksgiving is right!!!! Hahaha

Vikings wrote: »
    1 27/11/2008 TEN Titans @ DET Lions
    (Point Spread) TEN Titans -11.0 10/11 None Won
    2 27/11/2008 TEN Titans @ DET Lions
    (Game Totals) Over 44.0 10/11 None Won
    3 27/11/2008 SEA Seahawks @ DAL Cowboys
    (Point Spread) DAL Cowboys -12.5 10/11 None Won
    4 27/11/2008 SEA Seahawks @ DAL Cowboys
    (Game Totals) Under 46.5 10/11 None Won
    5 28/11/2008 ARZ Cardinals @ PHL Eagles
    (Game Totals) Over 46.5 10/11 None Won
    6 28/11/2008 ARZ Cardinals @ PHL Eagles
    (Point Spread) PHL Eagles -3.0 1/1 None Won
    Multiples
    Bet Type No of Bets Unit Stake Stake To Win Returns
    6 Folds 1 5.00 5.00 248.59 253.60

Happy Thanksgiving is right!!!! Hahaha

Nice good call. :D

I have to say the games last night were terrible.

I say there must have been very few still watching the Phi game come the 4th quater

Trampas wrote: »

I say there must have been very few still watching the Phi game come the 4th quater

Yeah definitely for the neutrals and the fans of Lions, Cards and Seahags. I only continued to watch them due to my fantasy teams I have in the US that are worth money to me. Good old Romo doing the business and Westbrook get in there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 85 ✭✭faulk28

Their worst thanksgiving day defeat ever, it must suck to be a Lions fan right now.
    At least they know we're not making the playoffs. Unlike some teams who are just gonna set their fans up for a big fall, i.e. the Saints.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 319 ✭✭jamsieboy86

faulk28 wrote: »
    At least they know we're not making the playoffs. Unlike some teams who are just gonna set their fans up for a big fall, i.e. the Saints.

Its better to have some light at the end of the tunnel, than none at all.

Trampas wrote: »

They need to end the tradition of the Cowboys and Lions playing every Thanksgiving IMO

• Registered Users Posts: 1,179 ✭✭✭RichTea

They need to end the tradition of the Cowboys and Lions playing every Thanksgiving IMO

Immediately.

They should probably consider doing something like having the previous year's Super Bowl winner play an inter-division game or something.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Damn Brian Westbrook. That's all I can say. He hasn't scored in four straight games, so I've been starting two of DeAngelo Williams, Marshawn Lynch, Matt Forte and Brandon Jacobs in his place. Now he goes and scores 4 TDs. It's not fair. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,350 ✭✭✭Het-Field

My ass !!!!!

The Cowboys are America's Team. I could think of nothing worse. Simply because they win the thanksgiving game at a canter each year (2007 34-3 v NY Jets, 2008 34-9 v Seattle) doesnt mean we should do away with the tradition.

Im also rancidly biased

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,057 ✭✭✭JJ

America's Team my ass. Screw the tradition and let's make the Thanksgiving games a moveable feast (pun intended) like the late season prime time games or make them intra-division games.

Het-Field wrote: »
    My ass !!!!!

The Cowboys are America's Team. I could think of nothing worse. Simply because they win the thanksgiving game at a canter each year (2007 34-3 v NY Jets, 2008 34-9 v Seattle) doesnt mean we should do away with the tradition.

Im also rancidly biased

America's team pfft. Fans should't have to endure the garbage the Lions throw out every Thanksgiving day and I don't care about their lack of SNF or MNF appearances the display of football yesterday and over the past 10 years during Thankgiving day is simply pathetic and boring.

Its F*ucking stupid how they got the tag muppetts no wonder people grew hatred to them being called America's team wont win you many friends.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/America%27s_Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,471 ✭✭✭Arthur Daley

God damn the Lions are poor. Pretty much in every department. Will they be the first to go 0-16? I really hope not, they nearly won one game earlier in the year, but yesterday's showing was bad. If it was a fight it would have been stopped in the first.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,187 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Dallas Cowboys are Jerry Jones' team.

Green Bay Packers are (self evidently) America's team.

Advertisement