Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chameleon Babies

Options
  • 27-11-2008 8:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14

Hi there

I recently came accross an add on gumtree advertising baby chameleons. They seem pretty tiny. Does anyone know anything about them...as in what is the min age I should buy one, do they smell, etc, etc?

Here are the ones I was looking at:

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/20/31462920.html

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭tallus

Chameleons need a lot of tlc, I'm too lazy to type here but I'd strongly recommend you do some serious research.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

Have you ever kept lizards before?

No? Then don't get a chameleon, get a bearded dragon or leopard gecko instead. Reptile Haven in Fishamble Street should have them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,682 ✭✭✭monty_python

Hi there

I recently came accross an add on gumtree advertising baby chameleons. They seem pretty tiny. Does anyone know anything about them...as in what is the min age I should buy one, do they smell, etc, etc?

Here are the ones I was looking at:

http://www.gumtree.ie/dublin/20/31462920.html

Thanks

cham's dont make good pets mate... they are more of a displays spiecies!!
    also they need alot of humidity with can be a pain to maintain at a high level while also preventing your tank from becoming damp!!
    but the do look cool!! the male panther cham's are my fav!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tonyfelloni

Hey all
    Thanks for the advise. I bought one from the gumtree add last week, its quite young and really healthy....not so hard to keep either from my research into them.

There cool, I highly reccommend getting one! The guy I got it off had about 50 babies together, never seen so many of them!

T

• Registered Users Posts: 290 ✭✭mollydolly271

post a pic would luv to see one

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14 tonyfelloni

Here you go ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭Gazza22

That's a nice little one! I'm a veiled Chameleon owner.

They need a lot of care and generally you will know straight away if it isn't being looked after properly. Make sure UV, temperature and humidity is strictly monitored and you will have no problems! Prepare for your Chameleon to get more independant as it gets older, it won't like being handled too much and if you do, it will become stressed...won't eat etc They are more so a display pet and like to do their own thing.

If you have any questions fell free to ask at anytime! ;)

Advertisement