Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What Convenience Shop is Far from Convenient?

Options
  • 27-11-2008 8:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 14,990 ✭✭✭✭

On the way back to work from lunch I wanted to get a yoghurt for later that day. If I'm picking something up in a convenience store I usually go to the Centra on North King Street where the prices are fairly reasonable. I wasn't able to pop in there so the nearest shop was the SPAR on Parnell Street.

I was shocked at the prices, they were sky high. A muller yoghurt is usually 89c in Centra, here it was 1.30. A yoplait in Centra is usually 70c, in SPAR it was 95c. A Cadbury's caramel in Centra is 99c, in SPAR it was €1.15.

I am fairly familiar with the indian/pakistani managers in the shop as I used to use it daily when I was working on Parnell street. I looked for one of them today as I wanted to tell them how expensive they were but they weren't around when I was there.

So for me at least, in and around the city area SPAR on Parnell Street has to be the most expensive convenience store and one which I certainly won't be buying anything from in the future. Does anyone know anywhere more expensive?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 515 ✭✭✭A_SN

On the way back to work from lunch I wanted to get a yoghurt for later that day. If I'm picking something up in a convenience store I usually go to the Centra on North King Street where the prices are fairly reasonable. I wasn't able to pop in there so the nearest shop was the SPAR on Parnell Street.

I was shocked at the prices, they were sky high. A muller yoghurt is usually 89c in Centra, here it was 1.30. A yoplait in Centra is usually 70c, in SPAR it was 95c. A Cadbury's caramel in Centra is 99c, in SPAR it was €1.15.

I am fairly familiar with the indian/pakistani managers in the shop as I used to use it daily when I was working on Parnell street. I looked for one of them today as I wanted to tell them how expensive they were but they weren't around when I was there.

So for me at least, in and around the city area SPAR on Parnell Street has to be the most expensive convenience store and one which I certainly won't be buying anything from in the future. Does anyone know anywhere more expensive?

Spar is invariably the most expensive. I only go there at like 3 am cause they're the only ones open all night in Phibsboro. Absolutely there is consistently substantially more expensive than in any other store, in my experience.

Advertisement