Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Army Surplus store in the South East

Options
  • 27-11-2008 9:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭

Are there any Army Surplus store in the South East or Dublin? I'm looking for addresses of the stores please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

There's one just off Capel Street on the smithfield side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,612 ✭✭✭jwshooter

clivej wrote: »
    Are there any Army Surplus store in the South East or Dublin? I'm looking for addresses of the stores please.

there is one in waterford bottom of main st and turn right

• Registered Users Posts: 2,352 ✭✭✭J.R.

There's an on-line army surplus store in Lucan, Co. Dublin.

http://www.icoa.ie/catalog/index.php

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭Frank the Manc

theres a lad in ross that does some surplus

http://seairsoft.net/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭marlin vs

W.I.O.S. new st, waterford.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 782 ✭✭✭riflehunter77

Sparks wrote: »
    There's one just off Capel Street on the smithfield side.

Not a bad shop this one clive, always got plenty of stock in to cover from the smallest to the biggest. A bit pricey on some stuff doe ...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,057 ✭✭✭clivej

Not a bad shop this one clive, always got plenty of stock in to cover from the smallest to the biggest. A bit pricey on some stuff doe ...

Thats the only A/S shop that I know of. As you say RifleHunter its not bad and it actually has a small section of ex-army stuff there

Thats the only A/S shop that I know of. As you say RifleHunter its not bad and it actually has a small section of ex-army stuff there

These shops seem to be a dying breed, there used to be one in kilkenny many years ago I remember been in there as a kid.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,255 ✭✭✭getz

i went into one in shop in carlow last year when i asked him if he had any camerflarge jackets -he said plenty but i carnt find them

getz wrote: »
    i went into one in shop in carlow last year when i asked him if he had any camerflarge jackets -he said plenty but i carnt find them

Theres always one :D:D Fair play to you getz

• Advertisement

These shops seem to be a dying breed, there used to be one in kilkenny many years ago I remember been in there as a kid.

Yes know that shop it was good - they had the same surname as me but gone for about 7 years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Ahem,not really surprised if it is going by the lack of stock aquirement that some of these shops go to.Nowadays "surplus " seems to mean the cheapest cheeseist Chinese copy possible.
    Or cheap tatty cammo designed for a rave rather than actually the field.
    In fairness,I suppose with UN and EU controls on selling anything more lethal than a feather duster.It is getting harder to get surplus stock in anything.
    But has it got soo daft that even the Chinese stuff doesnt fit us Western devils,or that "normal " sized people in NATO's armies seem to be around 5'11.With size 7 feet and small heads??
    This is why I call these shops the shops of No !

Capel street is one of the better ones here in Ireland,followed by PRO Tac in the Curragh camp.After that well.... I just order it from the Net.Was a good one in Portlaoise,dont know if it is still there,had a nice selection of various bayonets.

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

hi all
    there is a very good one in midelton co.cork ,was in it on friday ,full of ex british army stuff..and tools
    probably too far but well worth the trip ,you could spend hours routeing around there
    gives a discount too if you are army.....

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 15,024 ✭✭✭✭Grizzly 45

Cheers,any chance of an address or name?:)

"If you want to keep someone away from your house, Just fire the shotgun through the door."

Vice President [and former lawyer] Joe Biden Field& Stream Magazine interview Feb 2013 "

ianoo wrote: »
    hi all
    there is a very good one in midelton co.cork ,was in it on friday ,full of ex british army stuff..and tools
    probably too far but well worth the trip ,you could spend hours routeing around there
    gives a discount too if you are army.....

ian
    Grizzly 45 wrote: »
    Cheers,any chance of an address or name?:)

Same here details please -- it's a day out for me to go there, packed lunch an all, but could be worth the trip. Could drop the misses off in Cork with the credit card.

• Registered Users Posts: 449 ✭✭ianoo

well belive it or not its called
    the "army surplus store"
    they have recently relocated from a warehouse to a new location more in midelton itself .they are in the same retail park as tesco so not that hard to find ,
    if you are coming from waterford take the first exit after the "TRABOLGAN roundabout "keep an eye out the tesco signs and you are sorted ,
    sorry i dont have an exact adress or phone no. ..maybe some of the local cork lads on here could help with that one

ian

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

There's actually two very close togther. the larger one is or was called Eureka Army surplus . It's in the same park as Tesco, off to the left on your way in. Massive place, you can't miss it.
    Unit 5 Market Green Midleton Co. Cork (021)4633440

There's another much smaller one down Dwyer's road, which is the road opposite the road into the retail park tesco is in. I've not been there in a while but it used to have more martial arts stuff and a furniture section.
    Camouflage Army Surplus, Dwyers rd (Behind Park Hotel) Midleton Co. Cork (021)4632050

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Foleypte

the 1 in midelton co.cork is situated in the new shopping industrial estate.

coming from cork

take the slip road off into midelton keep going straight for about 800 mtrs at roundabout take 1st exit (you are then in the industrial estate)

take the left b4 the cinema and its just on your right.

(I think)

Great gear inside nd its huge....

Foleypte wrote: »
    coming from cork
    take the slip road off into midelton keep going straight for about 800 mtrs at roundabout take 1st exit (you are then in the industrial estate)
    (I think)

I'm trying to convince the misses that she needs a day out in Cork.:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Foleypte

I'm trying to convince the misses that she needs a day out in Cork.:D

Simple drop her in Mahon (plenty of shops) http://www.mahonpointsc.ie/
    its just under the tunnel on the outskirts of cork nd fly down bout 20 minutes to midelton you can go 120km on a small streach (new signs).

Thats wat every fella does lol...

• Advertisement

Foleypte wrote: »

coming from cork

(I think)

I went there on Sunday, dropped the misses into Cork city.
    Good store with plenty to look at and got myself a long sleeve camo tee shirt €8 and gun belts, camo hat etc.........
    but as always it was when I got home that I knew I should have got this and that as well. :o
    I'll book myself to go down there again over the holidays. :D

Good to see you survived your trip down to the rebel county, mad place down there :D. Check out this site its in germany might be of some help to you its a german army surplus store that delivers all over. Great prices to.

http://www.troph-e-shop.com/en/1115.ghtml

• Registered Users Posts: 1,124 ✭✭✭BryanL

I have this jacket and it a serious bit of kit, hard to believe for the price
    http://www.troph-e-shop.com/en/108515N-.ahtml

wind rain and thorn resistant. I've been out for a few hours at a time in heavy rain with no problem. It's reasonably breathable and quiet and comfortable to wear.
    Bryan

• Registered Users Posts: 627 ✭✭✭thelurcher

Be careful of the new boots in the midleton shop - some of the gear is defective - 2 of us bought some matterhorn boots and we noticed that our hips were knackered after a few weeks hunting in them - being far from geriatrics we checked the boots out and one of each pair was missing the support around the heel. Strange how it affected the hips but we were grand once we binned them.
    I also got a pair of the old model pro boots - great boot but the soles disintegrated after just over a week.

There's no problems with refunds there though and he nearly always gives a few quid off if you ask - so I keep going back. Never had a problem with anything else.

Advertisement