Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smithwicks pint bottles

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

All beers have their place in my opinion. I find smithwicks is available on tap in most hotels and makes for an easy to swallow cure on a boozy weekend!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 cc181187

Musgraves long mile road sells these, smith wicks in a bottle is not that popular, good few pubs around west Wicklow sell it as a alt to macardles

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,267 ✭✭✭Dublin Red Devil

Guinness and Harp = Black and Tan

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

A Black and Tan has to be Bass and Guinness! Harp is awful.
    thegeezer wrote: »
    Mcardles is as close to an English ale as you can get, or see my other post about dungarvin ales.

To me McArdles tastes like the Bass that's sold in Ireland (being a lot sweeter than the English variety).

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

Guinness and Harp = Black and Tan
    Ravelleman wrote: »
    A Black and Tan has to be Bass and Guinness!
    The rules changed ;) The Black and Tan was invented by the company who imported Guinness and Bass into the US. A few years ago they lost the contract for Bass so suddenly a Black and Tan became Guinness and Harp.
    To me McArdles tastes like the Bass that's sold in Ireland (being a lot sweeter than the English variety).
    The English keg Bass -- brewed at Salmesbury by A-B InBev -- is at least as sweet as the Glasgow-brewed keg one we get here, I'd say. Cask Bass is a proper bitter, though, and is brewed by Marston's in Burton.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

In Belgium they sell Bass in small bottles - any idea which type that is?

To me it seemed much more bitter than the Irish one so I assume it's the Burton variety, although I haven't had it in a couple of years.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 11,835 Mod ✭✭✭✭BeerNut

In Belgium they sell Bass in small bottles - any idea which type that is?
    That's brewed in Salmesbury, AFAIK.

Advertisement