Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Streaming through Windows Media Player

• 27-11-2008 9:58pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hello,

I have an XBox 360 rigged up to the house network wirelessly. On the home PC is WMP and the pc is connected to an external hard drive. The media sharing is turned on and the Xbox can find music stored on the PC.

Heres the problem- the XBox cannot see any of the music stored on the external hard drive even though it is visible in the WMP library.

Any ideas?

Cheers

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 682 ✭✭✭Bros123

Under library in WMP click on add to library and then add and then make sure your drive if showing there,if its not find it and add it!
    Hope that makes sense,worked for me!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 25 glenn_lfc

Thanks for the reply. Had the drive added but after i redid it they are starting (slowly) to appear on my laptop (also on network). Ill check the Xbox now aswell

Hope that works!One of the annoying things using WMP to srtream is when you add to your hardrive you have to get WMP to scan to find them!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,396 ✭✭✭✭kaimera

tversity for all your streaming needs tbh.

Also you need to enable Media Sharing in the WMP11 option files for the xbox to be able to see the files in WMP but tversity is just easier and less fickle imo.

kaimera wrote: »

Also you need to enable Media Sharing in the WMP11 option files for the xbox to be able to see the files in WMP but tversity is just easier and less fickle imo.

Lots of people just can't seem to get tversity working tbh.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

kaimera wrote: »

I'm lucky I take yopur posts seriously. Could never get this working and was just glancing, googled TVesrity and in 30 minutes was watching Hogan vs. The Rock on my 32" instead of my 2". Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

the latest Tversity build is easy to set up. Just run the install and thats it. I have sopcast set up to run on Tversity. Get the Prem footy matches on my 360. Great for MKV BR files too. Just as long as you the older WMP codex in the tversity options. I've been using Tversity for years now. Much better than WMP or WMC. Plays all media files types. Youtube, G4TV, and about 30 other internet feeds setup from the go. You can also access your media from anywhere on the planet as long as you have boardband. Was in the Canaries last year listening to mp3's that where on my PC in Ireland on my laptop I had with me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

I use Tversity with my laptop and xbox,very handy,though when you first use it it helps to mess around with it to get it to what you want,its also much faster streaming than wmp imo,though what exactly is sopcast?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 512 ✭✭✭ROC1977

sopcast Tvants etc are all P2P television. you can get any TV channel in the world more or less! lol Every live Premiership match, UFC event, Boxing PPV movies anything thats aired. Its the same principal as torrents basically. BBC i player copied it. Google it and find out in detail. Alot like Justin.TV

Advertisement