Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Somewhere in town to go for a bottle of wine

• 27-11-2008 10:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi Lads and Lassies

Does any one know of somewhere in town that you can go for a bottle of wine that is not a pub, somewhere like a wine bar or restaurant(dont have to order food) . I know you can go to Bodega and sit at the bar and just have wine without food. But is there anywhere else?

Many moons ago there used to be a wine bar down on Scotch Quay called the Foot bridge, it was great for a quite bottle of wine and some nibbles.

Thanks for your help :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 jackquinlan

you can -
    news place in High St, beside happy garden - La Taverna -
    nice wines at the right price - no food required ---
    but have lovely nibbles range!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 kitten_bar

Divine @ the Forum

You can sit in the lounge in the front and they have a great wine list.

They also (maybe they don't do it anymore more but I remember at one time they did) let you pick a bottle from the off-licence next door and just charge a small corkage on it.

They also do a nibbles menu quite late for that seating area. Himself pops in there on a Saturday night before starting work for a glass of wine. Very chilled.

The Geoff's wine selection is ok and the prices very reasonable. The Malena red (Argie Malbec) is very tasty and a full bottle is €18 I think - they also do the wines by the glass.

Downes - you can get a bottle from the off-licence part and drink it there also. Had one or two iffy bottles but one the whole ok.

There really aren't enough places to go in a have a bottle of wine and a chat though.

xxkate

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭twinkle77

Really appreciate the sugguestions guys. Thanks, will give some of them a try.

You are right Kate there isnt enough of those kind of places in this town. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,411 ✭✭✭SUNGOD

please dont see this as a smart answer but as the selection is so small the best place is actually at home. i

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

SUNGOD wrote: »
    please dont see this as a smart answer but as the selection is so small the best place is actually at home. i

Probably cheper anyway. A lot of people seem to just drink at home these days!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭twinkle77

Drinking at home is the obvious answer but its nice to go out with friends for a change and have a chat. As all we ever seem to do is go to each others houses, its nice to have a change of scenery.

Advertisement