Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

pet grants

Options
  • 27-11-2008 10:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭

my dog was involved in a road accident yesterday he was badly hurt as i dnt ave pet insurance i taut i would never need in im a single parent nd really cant afford it could ne 1 tell me is dere any grants available

thanks v.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,696 Mod ✭✭✭✭Silverfish

Moved from PI

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The blue cross in Dublin mabey. All else fails you might be able to work out a payment plan with the vets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 172 ✭✭dontcallmecrazy

i actually was talking to a guy the other day, his dog needs an expensive operation also, he phoned the social welfare, they do help out, but as both him and his partner work they doidnt give him anything, maybe phone them.. perhaps its means tested or something, i dont think they cover all of it but they do put some towards it if you qualify

• Registered Users Posts: 148 ✭✭shaywest

talk to your community welfare officer he/she might be willing to help you
    you,ll find him/her at your local health center.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 969 ✭✭✭kerrysgold

Has he been taken to the Vet? Ask your Vet if he would allow you to pay the bill in installments maybe? something like €25 a week until it's paid off or something like that. If you don't have a secure garden, I suggest building a fence so the poor dog doesn't get run over again.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

hi ya ive takin him to the vet its not my local vets bills dats d prob his in hospital at d moment waitin for an operation tanks for ur comment

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭vanessamee

The blue cross in Dublin mabey. All else fails you might be able to work out a payment plan with the vets.

tanks for ur help:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Demonique

OP, could you please repost your message with the correct spelling this time? I can't make heads or tails of what you're trying to say

Advertisement