Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Most expensive parking in Ireland? €6 per hour

• 27-11-2008 10:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭

I went Ice skating last night at the 7UP Christmas on Ice, at the RDS.
    I presume I could have parked for longer, maybe all day, but as the Ice skating sessions are one hour most people would use the car park for one hour, It costs €6 to park there. Anybody know if RDS charge this or does it go to 7up chrismas on ice. I wasn't prepared to part with my hard earned cash that easy, and parked round the corner for free.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,288 ✭✭✭HonalD

Can't wait to see what happens at the new O2?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

I understand the extra frustration of paying that kind of money when you were not expecting it, but its not quiet 6 quid an hour considering you get to skate for one hour, so most likely if you only went there to skate, you were there for more like 90 mins.
    Also, the RDS has excellent attractions besides the skating to keep the kids busy for a lot longer than that!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,523 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

Lidl in Deansgrage is €5 per hour unless you shop in the shop or bank in which case it's free/reduced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,141 ✭✭✭✭listermint

MaceFace wrote: »
    I understand the extra frustration of paying that kind of money when you were not expecting it, but its not quiet 6 quid an hour considering you get to skate for one hour, so most likely if you only went there to skate, you were there for more like 90 mins.
    Also, the RDS has excellent attractions besides the skating to keep the kids busy for a lot longer than that!

Bah! I went last year to it. 6 Euro is shocking money and frankly the "attractions" arent all that attractive!

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭spareman

MaceFace wrote: »
    Shocking is right, I was thinking if it was during the day I probably wouldn't have blinked an eye lid, but this was 9pm, and Id already paid €52 for 1 adult and 3 kids to skate for an hour. I know it's a special once a year event here but in other european cities you can skate all year round for half that price.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,697 ✭✭✭MaceFace

Hey, I am not defending the price of ice skating, but I do have a problem when i hear people bleating on about parking being 6 quid an hour when it is not.

Do people seriously expect free parking?

Advertisement