Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3c text on 3Pay from December

Options
  • 27-11-2008 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭

According to a Sales rep in 3Store at Blanchardstown, all texts will be 3c on 3pay from December onwards in an effort to compete with the other networks. Wait and see.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Other networks offer free text plans

• Registered Users Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

They're still the only operator that don't do free webtext (sorry Tesco, you don't count)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

No minimum top up required for this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 127 ✭✭apollodjs

Will this apply to users on the old 3pay plan? Sms and mms? Any other info on this or any other promos in the pipeline 3c calls maybe ha ha

• Registered Users Posts: 18,919 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

AFAIK its only the text. Rubbish really compared to whats out already. Why cant they just do the bloody free texts like the rest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭mcguyver

Here is the info I got

"From 1 December 2008 until 28 February 2009, customers on 3Pay Refresher price plan will be able to send texts to any network, at any time for, 3c per text message."

If the offer isnt extended after February texts will go back up to 10c, calls remain the same30c to all networks and landlines. This 3c offer doesnt cover MMS messages.

Not a great deal at all....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,820 ✭✭✭flodis79

Refresher price plan - I take it that it's the new opt-in price plan with 700 free weekends minutes? Well then, this rate is def not going to get me to change over. Happy enough with the 5c calls/texts/mms/video calls.

mcguyver wrote: »
    Here is the info I got

"From 1 December 2008 until 28 February 2009, customers on 3Pay Refresher price plan will be able to send texts to any network, at any time for, 3c per text message."

If the offer isnt extended after February texts will go back up to 10c, calls remain the same30c to all networks and landlines. This 3c offer doesnt cover MMS messages.

Dont know where your getting your information from but its incorrect. The offer from 1st dec until feb 28th is on best of both and thats free texts to every network. The 3c text is for life on 3pay.

The guys in 3 customer care told me so there is a good chance its is the wrong information alright. Do you have any other info on this? calls costs etc?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

Free texts 3? NO? hahahahaha!
    And their internet suck!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,216 ✭✭✭cojomo2

bmcgrath wrote: »
    And their internet suck!

their internert suck? i assume u mean their itranet? if not then explain..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 230 ✭✭bmcgrath

cojomo2 wrote: »

Their mobile broadband is pure rubbish. My friend is using it and just keeps running into problems with it over and over and over.
    And then there is 3's customer care team..... :eek:

Stick to the topic man

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Here is the info I got
    If the offer isnt extended after February texts will go back up to 10c, calls remain the same30c to all networks and landlines.

The other networks did the same on starting the free texts plans, was a expiry date.
    Walkman wrote: »
    No minimum top up required for this.

People on the free texts plans, aimed at young people send most texts. Chances that they could send 667 texts in a month which would be the €20 worth if on 3's 3cent plan. With the other networks the €20 required topup is still available for calls and the piece of mind that can text more without paying extra. Is new plan is about a year to late.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

Dont know where your getting your information from but its incorrect. The offer from 1st dec until feb 28th is on best of both and thats free texts to every network. The 3c text is for life on 3pay.

There's info like that in the 3 brochure, never mentions it being different for 3pay for life. I'll have another look when I get a chance. But was it not you who said 3 were bringing in free calls and texts, did that not work out?

There's info like that in the 3 brochure, never mentions it being different for 3pay for life. I'll have another look when I get a chance. But was it not you who said 3 were bringing in free calls and texts, did that not work out?

Ya that was me. That was supposed to the initial plan but was changed to 3c texts with no minimum top up. Its not a promotion but a drop in their text price on 3pay as the last talk and text offer didnt take off as much as they would have liked. As I have already said the free text promotion from dec 1st to feb 28th is on their best of both plan. If anyone feels I am misleading them I apologise I only give the information I am given. In future if this turns out to be incorrect I will correct myself on the relevant thread.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

And their internet suck!
    cojomo2 wrote: »
    Their mobile broadband is pure rubbish. My friend is using it and just keeps running into problems with it over and over and over.
    And then there is 3's customer care team..... :eek:
    Stick to the topic man

Please stick to the topic. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

http://three.ie/priceplans/3pay.htm

Refresh the page if you don't see updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,748 ✭✭✭Do-more

I got a call from 3 today, telling me they had this great new priceplan for 3pay and it would save me lots of money to swap onto it.

So she went on to say that my current plan costs 35 cent pm to mobiles and the new one would be 30 cent pm.

And my text cost 5 cent now and on the new plan they would be 3 cent.

So what's the catch I said.

No catch Sir!

But it's 3 there must be a catch! I said.

No catch Sir, can I go ahead and change you to the new plan then Sir?

Not on your nelly, I'll check it out on the net and call you back if I want to change.

So it seems that 3 don't consider raising the price of calling other 3 mobiles and landlines from 17 cent pm to 30 cent pm a catch or even worth mentioning.

Me thinks Comreg will be getting a written complaint!;)

invest4deepvalue.com

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Do-more wrote: »
    I got a call from 3 today, telling me they had this great new priceplan for 3pay and it would save me lots of money to swap onto it.

So she went on to say that my current plan costs 35 cent pm to mobiles and the new one would be 30 cent pm.

And my text cost 5 cent now and on the new plan they would be 3 cent.

So what's the catch I said.

No catch Sir!

But it's 3 there must be a catch! I said.

No catch Sir, can I go ahead and change you to the new plan then Sir?

Not on your nelly, I'll check it out on the net and call you back if I want to change.

So it seems that 3 don't consider raising the price of calling other 3 mobiles and landlines from 17 cent pm to 30 cent pm a catch or even worth mentioning.

Me thinks Comreg will be getting a written complaint!;)

You calls to landlines and other 3 numbers will go from 18cent to 30cent, You will also be paying more for Video and Picture messages (there not 3cent), Now if you upgraded your phone you would get €10pm back, use the €6.9 a week add on and you'll end up getting 3000 any network texts, and 800 weekend minutes per month...all for about €18pm (subject to €10 top up)

as for calling comreg, will you be telling them how happy you are with 3 and are upset at the cost other networks charge:)

If you happy with the 5c plan stick with it, but if you mostly text then the 3c plan might suit you better.
    On another note in prevoius posts I have mentioned this promotion is a life promotion, I have sen the store guide and it states the promotion ends on Feb 28th but I have been assured by someone from 3 this will not be pulled (the 5c offer started like this and ran for over two years)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭h57xiucj2z946q

Also a quote from one of their members of staff in their online help chat thingy:
    From 1 December 2008 until the end of February 2009, all texts sent to any Irish network or any 3 Like home network will be free. Also, if you are a Best of Both customer and you are in a 3 Like home country and send a text message to any other 3 Like Home country, the text will be free. For all other counties, the normal text charges apply.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

i know people like to get the best deal, but isn't the idea of free more appealing than cheap ?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,497 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

metalfest wrote: »
    i know people like to get the best deal, but isn't the idea of free more appealing than cheap ?

If they dropped there call prices abit and had free txt's I may consider moving back to them, until then Meteor offer a much better PAYG package.

......and although I hate Eircom with a passion and they own Meteor its still better then Three :)

Agreed, prepay is usually for the heavy texter and once again 3 have priced themselves out of the market on this, it looks like tey do not want the young people as customers

• Registered Users Posts: 1,016 ✭✭✭metalfest

Cabaal wrote: »
    If they dropped there call prices abit and had free txt's I may consider moving back to them, until then Meteor offer a much better PAYG package.

......and although I hate Eircom with a passion and they own Meteor its still better then Three :)

hmm, ...sounds like your on meteor PAYG.....did you hop onto the latest offer of free texts to everyone??

• Registered Users Posts: 1,191 ✭✭✭The_Hustler

If you happy with the 5c plan stick with it, but if you mostly text then the 3c plan might suit you better.
    On another note in prevoius posts I have mentioned this promotion is a life promotion, I have sen the store guide and it states the promotion ends on Feb 28th but I have been assured by someone from 3 this will not be pulled (the 5c offer started like this and ran for over two years)

There's terms and conditions on the website (http://www.3ireland.ie/company/3pay-3c-terms.htm) that say:

The following terms and conditions (“Terms”) apply to 3’s 3Pay price plan (the “Plan”) and are in addition to and form part of the terms of the 3 Services that are contained in the Small Print (provided with your SIM card and also available at www.three.ie). In the event of any conflict these Terms shall prevail.

1. The 3c text messages promotion is only available to customers signed up to 3’s 3Pay price plan.
    2. This promotion commences on 1st December 2008 and will end on 28th February 2009 (the “specified timeframe”)
    3. The bundle of 3c text messages provided as part of this promotion are only available to be used within the specified timeframe and any remaining unused texts will not carry over after the specified timeframe.
    4. Once the specified timeframe has expired, the cost of any further text messages will revert to the customer’s standard 3Pay text rate available at http://www.three.ie/pdf/2008_07_PM_Relax.pdf
    5. Customers may use the bundle of 3c text messages to send messages to other 3 Ireland numbers, other Republic of Ireland (“ROI”) mobile numbers and ROI mobile numbers from a 3 partner network while Roaming. This promotional rate does not apply to sending video, multimedia, international, value added or premium rate messages or to sending messages while Roaming on a non-3 partner network.
    6. Fair usage policy applies. You will be contacted by 3 if your usage exceeds our Fair usage policy. 3 reserves the right to charge the standard non-promotional rate to customers who persist in using the service where such usage has been deemed excessive.
    7. 3 reserves the right to extend, vary or to withdraw this promotion at any time for any valid commercial, technical or operational reason.

I know you've been assured but I do worry, when I first joined prepay they were doing 3c texts as a promotion but it changed.

There's terms and conditions on the website (http://www.3ireland.ie/company/3pay-3c-terms.htm) that say:

The following terms and conditions (Terms) apply to 3s 3Pay price plan (the Plan) and are in addition to and form part of the terms of the 3 Services that are contained in the Small Print (provided with your SIM card and also available at www.three.ie). In the event of any conflict these Terms shall prevail.

1. The 3c text messages promotion is only available to customers signed up to 3s 3Pay price plan.
    2. This promotion commences on 1st December 2008 and will end on 28th February 2009 (the specified timeframe)
    3. The bundle of 3c text messages provided as part of this promotion are only available to be used within the specified timeframe and any remaining unused texts will not carry over after the specified timeframe.
    4. Once the specified timeframe has expired, the cost of any further text messages will revert to the customers standard 3Pay text rate available at http://www.three.ie/pdf/2008_07_PM_Relax.pdf
    5. Customers may use the bundle of 3c text messages to send messages to other 3 Ireland numbers, other Republic of Ireland (ROI) mobile numbers and ROI mobile numbers from a 3 partner network while Roaming. This promotional rate does not apply to sending video, multimedia, international, value added or premium rate messages or to sending messages while Roaming on a non-3 partner network.
    6. Fair usage policy applies. You will be contacted by 3 if your usage exceeds our Fair usage policy. 3 reserves the right to charge the standard non-promotional rate to customers who persist in using the service where such usage has been deemed excessive.
    7. 3 reserves the right to extend, vary or to withdraw this promotion at any time for any valid commercial, technical or operational reason.

I know you've been assured but I do worry, when I first joined prepay they were doing 3c texts as a promotion but it changed.
    If your worried about it dont avail of it'

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

I got a text from 3 saying they reduced their text rate to 5c
    then a day later another one saying only if you join our new price plan.

the fact that it's only until february really pisses me off. they just want to increase their prices now that they have their coverage sorted

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement