Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3c text on 3Pay from December

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

why can't they ever decrease the price for pay monthly options, were the ones that are paying all the money

• Closed Accounts Posts: 71 ✭✭ProjectC

i do rember three when they first launched in a press conference Micheal finnagan(i think) said that they were going to give vale for money rather than being the cheapest network.

so in otherwords its not in threes nature to offer free text to any network becasue they wudnt be gaining revenue from this.

however by offering 3c text they have got the cheapest standard rate of text in ireland but there still making revenue by giving them 3c.

Planet three offers a shjit lot on it regarding services so your basically going to be paying for those services via your outgoing spending on the network eg calls and texts

Also another major factor is if your on there 3G network and your just going to be texting all the time for free then your taking up a hell of alot of bandwith on there 3G network for nothing.. running a 3g network is more expensive than the standard 2g(2.5g) netowrk which example meteor customers will be using.

so overall three arent going after the big texters..theyv just done this so not to fall too far behind.

Opinion over!!

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭mk6705

ProjectC wrote: »
    Also another major factor is if your on there 3G network and your just going to be texting all the time for free then your taking up a hell of alot of bandwith on there 3G network for nothing.. running a 3g network is more expensive than the standard 2g(2.5g) netowrk which example meteor customers will be using.

A few things here, one is every physical network has a 3G network in operation, some are gone further than others, but all of them do. So it's pretty much the same for every network.
    Another thing is texting is hardly the most bandwidth hogging activity in the World is it? You could hardly call it "a hell of alot of bandwith".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭rh555

Hi guys, Someone called me about this offer today and unfortunately i agreed not realizing that my call prices are going up too. So after checking this board which i should have done before i agreed to the new plan I saw that it is actually unwise to go to the new plan if u have the old 5cent / 18cent landline deal.

So I called up 3 and told them not to do it but they said they cant change it bc I said yes. Now is there any way to stop them from doing it. I know if i buy a product etc. I can return it within a certain time period. Does that also aply in this situation?

Anyone has any ideas/suggestions?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

rh555 wrote: »
    Hi guys, Someone called me about this offer today and unfortunately i agreed not realizing that my call prices are going up too. So after checking this board which i should have done before i agreed to the new plan I saw that it is actually unwise to go to the new plan if u have the old 5cent / 18cent landline deal.

So I called up 3 and told them not to do it but they said they cant change it bc I said yes. Now is there any way to stop them from doing it. I know if i buy a product etc. I can return it within a certain time period. Does that also aply in this situation?

Thanks

you're shagged. i think :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Thanks

Demand you are put back on the plan. Tell them you were not infomed of the increase price in call charges.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭dRNk SAnTA

Thanks

You should absolutely be able to change back. You are not shagged, if I were you I would absolutely hound them until they change you back.

That really isn't fair at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Walkman wrote: »
    Demand you are put back on the plan. Tell them you were not infomed of the increase price in call charges.

That dosen't work...

tbh, i've given up on people who entertain India when were in a frigging recession, tough titty
    @op, you should have went down to your nearest store and kept your business here on the Island where it belongs...

best of luck with customer care, only way you'll do it is port out for a few hours and then back in again onto a 5cent sim, or you could also port into a new sim and get €120 free credit, kinda takes the sting out of talk and text;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,917 ✭✭✭towel401

That dosen't work...

tbh, i've given up on people who entertain India when were in a frigging recession, tough titty
    @op, you should have went down to your nearest store and kept your business here on the Island where it belongs...

no such thing as an Irish mobile phone company anymore. eircom is owned by aussies, the gubberment holds a small share in voda but thats it.

the only way out of this mess is to leave the EU, kick out all the other phone companies and bring back Eircell

• Registered Users Posts: 6,173 ✭✭✭1huge1

towel401 wrote: »
    no such thing as an Irish mobile phone company anymore. eircom is owned by aussies, the gubberment holds a small share in voda but thats it.

the only way out of this mess is to leave the EU, kick out all the other phone companies and bring back Eircell
    God I hope your a seriously sarcastic person

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

That dosen't work...

best of luck with customer care, only way you'll do it is port out for a few hours and then back in again onto a 5cent sim, or you could also port into a new sim and get €120 free credit, kinda takes the sting out of talk and text;)

All calls to Mumbai are recorded so there will be a record of what the 3 rep said. I'm not suggesting it will be easy but determination will get you a long way (make sure you get onto a supervisor)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,229 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Walkman wrote: »
    All calls to Mumbai are recorded so there will be a record of what the 3 rep said. I'm not suggesting it will be easy but determination will get you a long way (make sure you get onto a supervisor)

I really hope they are, they've turned into bullying little monsters and need to be stopped....:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 pj_2011

go on Tesco mobile, they offer great international rates and also free credit always, same amount of free credit by which you topup. you get €20 free on topup of €20. http://www.tescomobile.ie/international/index.aspx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

2 yr old thread resurrected. Ouch!

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Gooch2k4

Lol zombie thread

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement