Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

Fates Warning

• 27-11-2008 11:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭

Surely there are some fans of this truly magnificent band here on boards?

I've kind of re-discovered these guys again after abandoning them for a long time. I have been listening to Parallels and Perfect Symmetry almost non stop for the last couple of weeks and it's rekindled my love for these guys all over again. Parallels is such a brilliant album.

Oh, and for those of you that are more fond of traditional metal you should really check out their earlier stuff, their original vocalist has one of the most unique singing styles you'll probably ever hear.

Any takers?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

My mate got me into them a few months ago. What a band!! I love Parallels,Inside Out, APSoG, Perfect Symmetry.

Actually I think I'll listen to some now. Thanks for the thread :D

Great band alright, so many good songs.I dont know the songs well enough to pick out specific ones though. Anyone got a favourite album?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Dr.Poca wrote: »
    My mate got me into them a few months ago. What a band!! I love Parallels,Inside Out, APSoG, Perfect Symmetry.

Actually I think I'll listen to some now. Thanks for the thread :D

Great band alright, so many good songs.I dont know the songs well enough to pick out specific ones though. Anyone got a favourite album?

Thanks for reminding me I don't have Inside Out, I'll need to pick that up :D.

I couldn't possibly choose a favourite album, when I first got into them I only listened to their first three albums (I thought their later stuff with Adler on vocals was boring :o), I eventually realised what I was missing out on, they don't have any bad albums (That I've heard). Live and learn I guess.

If you don't already have 'FWX' you should pick it up, great album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

I picked up an album of theirs many, many years ago, can't remember the name of it, would've been very early 90's when I got it. Enjoyed it but not enough to buy another album, it would seem. Must give it another spin.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Obsius

Thanks for reminding me I don't have Inside Out, I'll need to pick that up :D.

You should pick it up just to look at the awesome cover art...

&i=B-IMBL173CD-142222.jpg

...And of course to listen to the great music;)

Super band alright, I generally prefer the early Alder stuff but I pretty much like everything. Anyone heard the John Arch Twist of Fate EP? It features Jim Matheos, Mike Portnoy and Joey Vera, and it's actually pretty good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Obsius wrote: »
    You should pick it up just to look at the awesome cover art...

&i=B-IMBL173CD-142222.jpg

...And of course to listen to the great music;)

Super band alright, I generally prefer the early Alder stuff but I pretty much like everything. Anyone heard the John Arch Twist of Fate EP? It features Jim Matheos, Mike Portnoy and Joey Vera, and it's actually pretty good.

Hehe, I've just bought both Disconnected and Inside Out for less than €12. Bargain!

I've been meaning to get Twist of Fate for a long time now and I will eventually.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,345 ✭✭✭Somnus

Just listened to No Exit again today. Another great album

It'd be great to see them live. Was actually kinda surprised when I saw on Wiki that they're still around. You dont really hear about them

Advertisement