Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tesco bboro

• 27-11-2008 11:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

is it just me or is Tesco not goin to owrk in bailieborough. Everyone seems to be goin up north, so why would this stop.How can the other shops in d town compete with this place, no hope for the small places, we will have an abandoned main street.!!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 277 ✭✭Gadjodilo

Give it time. Sterling won't stay low for ever and the Brits can't afford to keep their VAT rates down for ever. Tesco are BIG. They're in this for the long haul.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

I think Tesco will bring more business to the town.

People will do their shopping in Tesco and then perhaps go up the town to a clothes shop or a cafe or get their lunch/dinner in the Bailie.

As another poster said, the sterling rates wont last forever and it'll not always be cheaper up the north.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,410 ✭✭✭bbam

It's all about competition and convenience.. We would go up to Asda ever few weeks for a major shop and then maybe Lidl/Aldi for the others.. We'll probably go to Tesco for the in-between and still go to Asda for the big'un..

The competition is good for Super-Valu (not so Super-Valu), they have already increased their range and extended opening hours, we'll still go Tesco.

For the likes of the Small stores in town I'd worry.. It will be hard to compete with Tesco for Fruit/Veg/Meat.. We'll still shop in town for them as the service offered by the smaller stores is great..

Hopefully the cheap petrol will be at Tesco soon.. :)

Advertisement