Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Income Tax

• 27-11-2008 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hi, i am in PAYE employment but due to previous illness i receive Back to work Allowance. Should i be making a Form 11 return, this is not taxable, so not sure if its necessary??:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,798 ✭✭✭Mr. Incognito

No you should not.

Form 11's are for self employed or persons with share or investment income.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

You do not need to file a F11 but if you are unsure you can file a Form 12 (downloadable from revenue.ie) and send it in, in the new year.

There is a spot on the form for the below items:
    Social Welfare Pension/Illness Benefit/Occupational, Injury Benefit/Jobseekers Benefit/Carer’s Allowance

It may come under these headings.Always good to file a form12 anyhow, just in case due anything back with medical receipts etc

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭DoraExplora

Thought they did away with the Form 11 and use just Form 12 now? think its just that Revenue include the social welfare in your income but raise your credits to balance out, but seems to me jst as handy not to bother. i have no med expenses.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 998 ✭✭✭maddogcollins

Form 11 are for self employed personal only. All PAYE/PRSI income employees are entitled to file a Form 12. Its not compulsary so option is open to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 Kanchelskis

They will adjust your tax credits where necessary once you start working again. There is no need to file with them - same for unemployment benefit etc

• Advertisement
Advertisement