Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Buying electronics from amazon.co.uk...

• 28-11-2008 12:07am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,731 ✭✭✭

Hi guys I am new to this forum but am a member on AVS.com and blu-ray.com. My question for you guys is this. Previously I bought a Nikon camera from amazon.co.uk before the recycling fund was introduced here in Ireland. Now anytime I want to buy something in from amazon.co.uk the keep telling me that because Ireland has adopted this recycling fund (which is after all a EU directive) they cannot ship to Ireland. Is this even legal?? I know other sites will ship to Ireland from the UK.

Also they will also not ship PS3 games to Ireland yet amazon.com will???

Anyone any thoughts?

Regards

Robert.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭97i9y3941

i think another reason that they dont ship to ireland is just due to the costage of postage and maybe even the liabilty claims of if the item got damanaged in the post,as for games,i remember buying some japanese sites,and they would not be shipped over here for legal reasons :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,279 ✭✭✭ongarite

Its all to do with the WEEE directive.
    Many of the online retailers that ship to Ireland have some small retail presence or are owned by well known bigger retail companies where old electrical product can be returned.

Play & Amazon UK don't and hence don't ship electronic goods to Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭novice

Some good news -

After about three years of refusing to ship electronics to Ireland, Amazon have removed this stupid restriction.

Amazon Removes Delivery Restrictions To Ireland

by Michele Neylon

Hopefully Play and others will follow suit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Fat_Fingers

I've been ordering stuff of Amazon .co .uk site for years. I have to say in last while they have gone down in my opinion. I used to get my orders delivered in space of week or two.. Last two orders have been absolute disaster. One order placed in April and estimated delivery date is changed every time i login to check the status.. started moving upwards for 2 -3 days... now is moved to
    mid July!!
    They used to be good company.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

I waited for a book for 3 months, keep getting updates that they're not able to get it in stock. After 3 months they cancelled the order.

I've ordered it with an other company and I haven't heard yet from them either so it might just be a difficult book to get by.

• Advertisement
Advertisement