Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Changes not showing...

Options
  • 28-11-2008 12:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭

I made a good few changes to a website 10mins ago or so and added a few files. I uploaded them and they show up on the ftp directory but not on the internet browser?!?!

And yes I cleared ALL my browsing history...

If I type in the address of an image or js script I uploaded I just get a 404 error.
    Ftr, im using Filezilla as my FTP client.

Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,521 ✭✭✭Joseph

and cache yes?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

Yes!! Cookies, Cache, Authenticated Sessions, Browsing History etc etc

On IE7 and FF3. Also tried it on another computer...
    Could there be a lag on this particualr server between the ftp and http??

edit: I also re-uploaded the new and changed files.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭stevire

I found the problem, I was using the IP address of the server as the Host of the FTP connection. I changed from the IP to the domain of the website and the changes weren't there. Just uploaded there and everything worked fine.

Should the IP and domain not link to the same area and same files?? Thought this was very strange, anyone know why its happening?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,386 ✭✭✭EKRIUQ

Sometimes when that happens for me I check with browsershots.org just to check if it's my cache

Advertisement