Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Car Buyer's Guide Free reg check

Options
  • 28-11-2008 12:19am
    Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭

Text your reg to 50215 to get a free "reg check"

Basically it tells you what your car is incase you forget for free. How nice of them.:D

Comments

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

Its provided by Motorcheck and I doubt very much that its free - no indication of text message cost on their site AFAIK (Im sure thats in breach of some kind of law!)

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

kbannon wrote: »
    Its provided by Motorcheck and I doubt very much that its free - no indication of text message cost on their site AFAIK (Im sure thats in breach of some kind of law!)

I got an email from CBG.ie saying it's free. When they text you back they offer you the choice to go further. Paying 35 for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Don't need to indicate if it costs normal price - which you can still in theory make a TINY bit of money off.

50215 isn't in the Regtel database yet, but when it is you should be able to get the price (I think) off the regtel.ie site.

Lol, just to reiterate, first text is free, you can pay by ringing them after that.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,988 ✭✭✭✭L1011

I highly doubt its free, standard network non-bundle rate surely?

I was nearly sure we had a different shortcode prefix for actually free SMS messages, but its been a long time (18+ months) since I was last involved in anything involving premium rate texts....

• Advertisement

It's definitly free. I tried it.

Here's from the email
    motorcheckopy.jpg

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I stand corrected!

kbannon wrote: »
    I stand corrected!

After all that suspense, now you try it, and it's useless :P

Advertisement