Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eligible for Redundancy?

Options
  • 28-11-2008 12:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭

Well, I have just been informed that I, like any others at the moment, will be let go from my job in the new year.
    I haven't been told 'officially' as such, but a colleague/friend who was told, thought they should give me the heads up before it happens.

I am with the company four years, and have an open ended contract (ie I signed a contract at the start of my employment, served my probationary period, signed permanent contract and have only ever made amends to said contract when promoted/ given a raise in salary since)

My question is, am I entitled to redundancy pay?
    I have looked on citizensformation.ie and it would appear that I am, but some people I have spoken to (friends...not anyone official just for the record) seem to think that I am not.

Am I correct in thinking that anyone with a permanent contract and over 2 years consistent service is considered eligible?

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

Depends on the exact terms of your contract but from wot you say, it would appear that you are on a full time perm contract and have worked more than 104 weeks and are therefore eligible for stat redundo and indeed any other ex gratia payments from the company under the redundancy programme.

Advertisement