Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

How much for my car

Options
  • 28-11-2008 12:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭

Well actually it's the GFs trying to her Peugeot 307 2003 2L HDi Diesel 110bhp 63k. Good Milage out of it. One careful lady owner from new full dealer service history. Immaculate within and without.
    Nct up in Jan but she'll be renewing it in a few weeks.

Any idea how much she should look for it.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,579 ✭✭✭junkyard

You'll sell it for between 5 and 5.5k euros.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,525 ✭✭✭DanGerMus

seriously... eep. Ok Thanks at least i know now. Should i advertise for 5900 and see what happens then.

• Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭FreeFallin

Dont sell so cheap, had a quick look on carzone and theres very similar cars going for €8000+

Depends on how quick you want to sell it really, everyone knows now that the car sales business is dead and those with cash are calling the tune.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

I would say you could try it a bit stronger than that, maybe 6250 to take 6000.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,157 ✭✭✭✭Alanstrainor

FreeFallin wrote: »
    Dont sell so cheap, had a quick look on carzone and theres very similar cars going for €8000+

90% of carzone prices are ridiculously overpriced. So i wouldn't be setting my price high because others have. There's no doubt that those dreamers on carzone have had little to no real response charging crazy prices like that.

Like I said, it's a buyers market. I'm sure if you look around carzone or similar you'll find one for 12 or 14k euros too but it will only sell at a realistic price and people know that too.

I would say you could try it a bit stronger than that, maybe 6250 to take 6000.
    ...... but you won't get it, you can buy these trade for 4.5k.

junkyard wrote: »
    ...... but you won't get it, you can buy these trade for 4.5k.

Ya, in the trade. Every Joe soap doesn't know about the trade. At 6250 it would nearly be the cheapest, reasonable mileaged and coloured on carzone. It would make 6000. The arse may have fallen out of the market, but if everyone starts to drop there prices down to half nothing, we might as well start to give them away.

Ya, in the trade. Every Joe soap doesn't know about the trade. At 6250 it would nearly be the cheapest, reasonable mileaged and coloured on carzone. It would make 6000. The arse may have fallen out of the market, but if everyone starts to drop there prices down to half nothing, we might as well start to give them away.

I'd sooner sell 10 cars quickly and make 500 on each than try and sell one and make and make 1500 in two or three months.

• Advertisement

I'd sooner sell 10 cars quickly and make 500 on each than try and sell one and make and make 1500 in two or three months.

Different for dealers etc. But for a private sale, it's the case of getting what it's worth, not making profit as it's clearly going to be at a loss what ever it's sold at.

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭Dermo123

Different for dealers etc. But for a private sale, it's the case of getting what it's worth, not making profit as it's clearly going to be at a loss what ever it's sold at.

Its hard to define 'worth' these days when it comes to selling a car. OP could chance his arm and ask 8K but will be only getting callers from those scammers that are very active right now. The competition is cut throat more so now than ever.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

DanGerMus wrote: »
    Well actually it's the GFs trying to her Peugeot 307 2003 2L HDi Diesel 110bhp 63k. Good Milage out of it. One careful lady owner from new full dealer service history. Immaculate within and without.
    Nct up in Jan but she'll be renewing it in a few weeks.

Any idea how much she should look for it.

I'd start off by advertising it at €5995 and see how much interest she gets, the fact that it is low mileage and a full service history is good, definately get the two years NCT done on it too. If she gets no interest then drop the price according to how quickly you want to shift it.

What people dream of looking for their cars and what people actually sell them for are miles apart. Those up there for €8k + are there a long time and will be there for a long time to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

What if you only had one car to sell?;)

Anan1 wrote: »

Lol, i'm sure it would be 8:P

Anan1 wrote: »

I'd still be inclined to sell quickly because nothings going to sell next year when the **** really hits the fan in Janurary. Just off loaded the last of my stock this week and packing my bags.

I'd still be inclined to sell quickly because nothings going to sell next year when the **** really hits the fan in Janurary. Just off loaded the last of my stock this week and packing my bags.

Too-ra-loo!

I'll be replying from France shortly though.;)

I'll be replying from France shortly though.;)

Ah so that's where your getting your prices from;)

Ah so that's where your getting your prices from;)

No, actually, i live in the real world.:) Cars are more expensive in France tbh.

• Advertisement

No, actually, i live in the real world.:) Cars are more expensive in France tbh.

Are you going to continue the trade over? Best of luck to ya...

Are you going to continue the trade over? Best of luck to ya...

Thanks, yes, concentrating on classics though.

Thanks, yes, concentrating on classics though.

Any planned stock?

Any planned stock?
    I sold off most of what I had, just kept 30 that were my favourites. I took 20 out since September, the remaining 10 are going out in Feb. I'm sticking to restoring customers cars and hiring some of my own, I'll buy some more lhds once I've set up shop out there.

• Registered Users Posts: 65,455 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Good luck with the emigration, junkyard. Bon voyage etc. :)

unkel wrote: »
    Good luck with the emigration, junkyard. Bon voyage etc. :)

Thanks unkel, I'll be over and back for a while yet moving stuff out but I won't be going away you know.:)

Thanks unkel, I'll be over and back for a while yet moving stuff out but I won't be going away you know.:)

Parlez-vous en francais or are you going over with your irish charm lol

Parlez-vous en francais or are you going over with your irish charm lol
    Oui, and my gf is from there.

Oui, and my gf is from there.

Ah right, i knew there had to be a reason lol:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

I hope you will have a DS in that collection Junkyard?

Advertisement