Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice re. tongue piercing in Dublin..

Options
  • 28-11-2008 12:46am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭

Ok guys, I'm not into body mods so I hope its ok to ask this question here.

My son wants to get his tongue pierced, which I've no problem with.

However when I told some people he said he was having it done in Georges St arcade I was told not to let him go to this particular place.

So, really I'm looking for advice as to the best (cleanest I guess) place in Dublin. I don't mind if going to the best means paying more as I'd rather he played it safe.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

DO NOT WHATEVER YOU DO LET HIM DO IT IN GEORGES ST ARCADE!!!!
    I really cannot stress that enough.
    Will (mod) will probably advise on the best place, but please please please don't let him go there!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,183 ✭✭✭✭Will

Heya Máirt (congrats on new modship btw)

Uhm yeah stay away from georges st.

How old is he by the way? Some places won't pierce people under 18 due to the nature of the piercing.

Personally would recommend snakebite, client before piercing, will talk with your son about proper healing and aftercare and are nice lads to boot. Located on middle abbey st. opposite arnotts on the 3rd floor

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

Cheers guys, thanks.

Thats more or less what I was told earlier.

Btw he's 17.

I don't think they will pierce his tongue for him, even with a parent present. To save ya the hassle maybe give em a bell and see? snakebite.ie is their site

If not there are others around, but lately they've just impressed me so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭Fiii

Would he wait until he is 18?
    He will have more options of reputable places where you know it will be pierced correctly.
    Just a suggestion :)

• Advertisement

Fiii wrote: »
    Would he wait until he is 18?
    He will have more options of reputable places where you know it will be pierced correctly.
    Just a suggestion :)

If I had my way I'd have him wait until he's 40 :)

But you know how it is at that age, he thinks he's a man. His mate's have them done, and I think if I scratched the surface I'd find his new girlfriend has something to do with it too!.

Tell him he can't kiss his girlfriend for 2-3 weeks after he gets it done, chance of foreign bacteria getting in is huge in healing stages. That will put him off :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭hot2def

READ MY LIPS

snakebite...

if you go with him, I imagine.

it can chip teeth and wear gums - don't let any lefty-liberal tell you otherwise.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

I was talking with Steve in Snakebite on Wednesday about just that, and how neither Steve nor myself can have a labret, and how I can't have a tongue piercing cuz our anatomies don't suit it!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 625 ✭✭✭princess-sprkle

for the love of all things holy, don't go to Georges street arcade! nothing good can come of it. (sounds like a creepy intro to a horror film...)

snakebite on middle abbey street is definitely seconded. Its a really clean, reliable place. They're really helpful and definitely put you at ease. They will answer any questions or worries that you have as well. can't recommend them highly enough!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Well Mairt if your lucky he'll have the third vein and he wont be able to get it lol

Well Mairt if your lucky he'll have the third vein and he wont be able to get it lol

Seriously, is this a dangerous procedure?.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

Not 98% of the time, I've had 3 in my tongue at once, Though some people have a third veing running between the two which makes the piercing impossible which results in the horror stories in the news because it's done by people with no clue.

Snakebite is very professional, The best advise I can give you is go on the day, Talk to the actual piercers yourself, They will talk you through everything and what they will do, Some might even let you be in the room to see it, I can guarantee you before they even reach for a needle he will examine under your sons tongue looking for the extra vein just in case he has it.

And after all this if you are still worried, You can just pull the plug as he need's your consent to do it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 Doberman

Can only repeat what Will and the others have said here, Snakebite is the best piercing studio in Ireland. Ultra-professional, ultra-hygenic and ultra-friendly. Go in yourself and talk to Rob or Steve and they'll explain everything to you. They'll prob have you wanting to get pierced yourself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,448 ✭✭✭✭Cupcake_Crisis

TELL HIM TO KEEP HIS TONGUE AWAY FROM GEORGES ARCADE!!
    i know someone who got it done there. She failed to tell they guy that she was only about 15. He rang who she said was her mam, but was actually her friend. He fell for it, and she got a nasty infection. The place is just not clean enough to be piercing anything!!

As was said Snakebite would probably be your best bet. Im not sure of the age there, but i know a lot of places will pierce your tongue at 17 with valid ID. i got mine done when i was 17.

and make sure he knows his tongue is pretty much out of action for 2 or 3 weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

...The place is just not clean enough to be piercing anything!!...

Given that the place is completely open, it is not possible for it to be kept sterile or hygienic enough to be carrying out piercings, hence all the problems with it.

The comparatively poor work done there too is an excellent secondary reason not to go there, after the health and safety concerns!

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,921 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

plus I wouldn't be at all shocked if they tried to pierce your son's tongue with a gun in there!! As everyone else says, you can't go far wrong with Snakebite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 E-G

<snip>...</snip> ..snakebite is the best place in dublin by far..

E-G please familiarise yourself with the forum rules, thank you.

Advertisement