Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CAR TROUBLE

Options
  • 28-11-2008 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

HELLO EVERYONE,
    I AM JUST WONDERING ABOUT CAR REG. I LIVE IN CO. MAYO, BUT I WANT TO GET A CO.CLARE REG FOR A CAR I BOUGHT IN UK. HOW DO I GO ABOUT THIS:o
    ALSO HOW LONG DOES ONE GET BEFORE YOU HAVE TO PAY VRT?;)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

First of all stop shouting - release the caps lock.

Secondly, you'll need an address in Clare to register the car to.

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,846 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

There is a thread about importing a car from the UK. http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=176389
    You have one working day to VRT the car and you will have to get a plate appropriate to the address that you provide.

Oh and...
    capslock-717174.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 jaggirl

Thanks everyone!! I knew i would get your attention with caps on:rolleyes:
    I will look into this:cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

jaggirl wrote: »
    I knew i would get your attention with caps on

Damn attention junkies :D

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Move to Co. Clare.:D

The county your car is registered will be the same county of your residential address.

VRT has to be paid within 1 working day of bringing the car into the country.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,367 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

I know alot of people who reg new cars in dublin even though they live in Mayo. Expensive cars usually. A car dealer told me he could probably sort something out too if I wanted a dublin reg for resale purposes?

• Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

mickdw wrote: »
    I know alot of people who reg new cars in dublin even though they live in Mayo. Expensive cars usually. A car dealer told me he could probably sort something out too if I wanted a dublin reg for resale purposes?

Never really bought into this reg snobery lark myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,188 ✭✭✭NewApproach

Buy a house in Clare! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 22,815 ✭✭✭✭Anan1

bazz26 wrote: »
    Never really bought into this reg snobery lark myself.
    Could be a resale thing either, something like an S600 will really get killed by MO plates. And before anyone starts, I like Mayo.:)

Advertisement