Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rolf Harris - What a Drongo!

Options
  • 28-11-2008 6:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭

Rolf Harris outdoes himself in the stupid stakes and nearly tops that other annoying Aussie expat Germaine Greer for a serious case of foot in mouth. Even as a kid I had an intense dislike for this fukwit.

Time to get off your arses: Rolf's advice to Aborigines

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,671 ✭✭✭BraziliaNZ

I can understand australian's frustrations with them, I mean every other culture mixes here, so you'd think that at least some of the abos would be able to get their act together. Why are they so messed up? When I lived in Canada the natives were the same there too, maybe not quite as bad.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭brendansmith

They cant hold their drink.
    They also got their kids stolen.

Thats a bad combo.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,867 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

There are two sides to the argument -

1. They are right to have a chip on their shoulder, afterall it is their country and they've been treated really badly.

or

2. They're a bunch agro piss heads who are nothing but menaces to society.

Both have their merits.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,787 ✭✭✭dSTAR

This is a good chance to Tie Me Kangaroo Down Sport and bash his frickin brains out. Aborigines have being getting schtick for far too long. Lets not waste such a precious opportunity.

ever hear "livin' next door to allan" by Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson?

• Advertisement

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    ever hear "livin' next door to allan" by Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson?
    That would have to be up there in the ockerish stakes.

Pass me the goddamn bucket :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,243 ✭✭✭✭Jesus Wept

Is it just me or does he cause an extreme reaction in others?

He is an absolute joke. Surely no-one takes this pompous, racist prick seriously?

This is what happens when Aussies stay in London too long.

Deep breaths ....

dSTAR wrote: »
    That would have to be up there in the ockerish stakes.

Pass me the goddamn bucket :mad:

i think he's hilarious

BraziliaNZ wrote: »
    i think he's hilarious
    Lalalala ...

Can't hear you. What did you say?

Lalalala ...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,240 ✭✭✭hussey

Great painter shame about the dinner jacket

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Read that, I'd agree with Rolf, something needs to be done about them

hussey wrote: »
    Great painter shame about the dinner jacket
    Painter? Are you serious? My kid can do better than him!
    Read that, I'd agree with Rolf, something needs to be done about them
    Dude tell me you are joking.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,966 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

They cant hold their drink.
    They also got their kids stolen.

Thats a bad combo.

As I recall, they had their land stolen, and then flooded with the flotsam and jetsam of English and Irish society.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭88show

JustMary wrote: »
    As I recall, they had their land stolen, and then flogged with the flotsam and jetsam of English and Irish society.

plus it was sport to go out and shoot them along with the roo's
    they erased the black fella from one part of australia and in memory of the last black they errected a monument of a toilet seat.
    God loved white australia more I guess. then the whiter side of australia says that there's something wrong with these piss heads who don't know how to behave in western society?!?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 132 ✭✭88show

Dude tell me you are joking.

I normally wouldn't side with anyone but this makes me want to side with dSTAR

Yes very serious, he is highly skilled as a painter, not just kids 'can-ye-till-wha-it-is-yit' paintings of Roos, but has some excellent portraits , if your kid can do better then you'll be rich.

He raises some points, if people (of any race) leave a mess behind then they should clean up after themselves
    Get up off your arse and clean up the streets your bloody self, and why would you expect somebody to come in and clean up your garbage, which you've dumped everywhere,'

I agree, if anyone dumps crap around then they should clean up.

Personally I think it is a half arsed attempt to try to label him as a racist.

Storm in teacup

• Closed Accounts Posts: 701 ✭✭✭BarryCreed

didn't that MC-Wire bloke (???) , aboriginal guy who plays at circular quay kind of say the same thing? Ok, we can moan about the white fella, but what are WE going to do to help OURSELVES.

on the abc site, there's a link to a radio show they did, where they interviewed guys from Aus bands, and they interview a guy who was in the warumpi band, and a guy from midnight oil who toured with aboriginals. Interesting to hear their take on it, and what they saw in the desert.

http://www.abc.net.au/wideopenroad/

I have a feeling this thread may descend into the one I started a few weeks back and it eventually got closed (about the Ozzies voting an aboriginal as a PM)....

hussey wrote: »
    Yes very serious, he is highly skilled as a painter, not just kids 'can-ye-till-wha-it-is-yit' paintings of Roos, but has some excellent portraits , if your kid can do better then you'll be rich.
    Who would of known! I just remember the doodles of 'roos he did on his kiddie show and didn't think he could actually paint.
    hussey wrote:
    Personally I think it is a half arsed attempt to try to label him as a racist.

Storm in teacup
    Possibly. Just like whenever Germaine Greer opens her mouth she tends to cause controversy with her polemics. Then again it could be a half assed attempt to resurrect their flagging careers or that some people just hop on what they say and take their words out of context.

Even still he irks me.
    BarryCreed wrote:
    I have a feeling this thread may descend into the one I started a few weeks back and it eventually got closed (about the Ozzies voting an aboriginal as a PM)....
    Yeah I don't think we should go down that path again because it got a bit out of hand and didn't actually achieve anything. On a positive note I think the regulars of the ANZ board are getting better at discussing controversial issues without descending into personal abuse or flaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,658 ✭✭✭✭The Sweeper

The stolen generations really is quite an outrageous period in history - as is the lingering attitude which is "Well since they were just a bunch of indigenous, child-abusing alcoholic layabouts, they and the children we forcibly kidnapped from their families should be happy we did it because we gave them a better life". Playing God much? Ah think so.

There are a lot of things about Australia that are un-PC and which people can find very surprising. The level of day to day verbal racism is quite rampant (wogs, mussies, diddle-dee-dee-potatoes), and as with all rampant things, it has less of an impact because of its prevalence. Sexism is rife, and some of the older country Australia blokes are quite outrageous. Parties here can still be 'Sheilas all together in the kitchen with the kids, blokes all outside with beers'.

This country is far less slick and smooth in terms of the bright face of its racial integration than places like London and the US - where, in spite of the actual lack of integration, people will gasp on the face of it if you make inappropriate comments. That's partly why Rolf Harris can go 'get off your arses' at the aborigines and find considerable support for his comments, as opposed to the reaction of bleeding heart liberal outrage a similar comment would garner in Britain and Ireland.

• Advertisement

There are a lot of things about Australia that are un-PC and which people can find very surprising...That's partly why Rolf Harris can go 'get off your arses' at the aborigines and find considerable support for his comments, as opposed to the reaction of bleeding heart liberal outrage a similar comment would garner in Britain and Ireland.
    Some very well made points Mz JD.

I also found the differences noticably different having grown up in London and after living in the US for a considerable amount of time. I still get blokes giving me stares when I chat to the 'sheilas' in the kitchen. It could be in no small part due to the fact I absolutely detest cricket and all form of talk about cars or DIY which is usually the standard convo standing around the BBQ.

Sorry blokes but I AM a gender as well as a race traitor :D

http://www.smh.com.au/news/entertainment/people/rolf-harris-apologises-for-insulting-aborigines/2008/12/03/1228257139278.html
    Rolf Harris yesterday apologised for saying last week that Aborigines should "get up off [their] arse" and clean up their communities.

Advertisement