Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CBG v Carzone

Options
  • 28-11-2008 8:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,220 ✭✭✭✭

I've noticed a huge shift in the last 2 weeks of cars going up on CBG and moving from Carzone....

anyone else noticed this?

Does anyone know how long it takes for you ad to be approved for CBG? And can you renew the free ad as many times as you like?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,044 ✭✭✭AugustusMaximus

I have noticed this and I'm sure this is down to Carzone switching to their new awful search method.

I still can't believe they actually did this.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

Probably the pricing switch too. I'm selling both of my cars atm and I don't think either offer value for money.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭handbraker

I actually like the new carzone design but have recently found the reponse on CarsIreland.ie better (certainly for cheaper cars) so using them now.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭mgadget

Carzone seem to have tweaked their search a bit as it is a lot less frustrating than it was initially, so I am using it once again. It is still nowhere near as good as the old carzone and cbg for really refining search results. Would like to refine results based on engine cc, not just fuel type.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Probably the pricing switch too. I'm selling both of my cars atm and I don't think either offer value for money.

Lower your price so :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 51,245 ✭✭✭✭bazz26

Carzone.ie are their own worst enemy, they broke something that didn't need fixing. CBG.ie look like they are reaping the rewards from Carzone's greed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,181 ✭✭✭LolaDub

When i was selling a car i'd say 90% of the replies i got through carzone were scams or uk advertisers trying to sell me advertising over there. Only happened once with cbg. If i was selling again i'd be using cbg/cars ireland.

Advertisement