Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Think I might have flooded the engine

Options
  • 28-11-2008 9:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭

...on a 97d corsa. I started it up, engine wa s a bit 'wobbly' (kind of wavering sound) and noticed there wasn't much power. Reversed it anyway, went into first, the engine spun up like I was reving it but my foot was only on the clutch, waited til that stoppped, gave it a bit of juice and it lurched n died ;(

When I turn the key I get that "dededededede" noise of the car trying to start but the engine just wont kick in

Do yous think it's flooded or fooked? If it is flooded is thre anyway to get it going again wothout getting a push or tow?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,248 ✭✭✭Plug

The engine wouldn't turn over if it was flooded.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

Plug wrote: »
    The engine wouldn't turn over if it was flooded.

:rolleyes::rolleyes: what ??

sounds like it doesnt like to cold morning - or else there could be lots of other probs - fuel/air/sparks

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

same thing happened to my car but I stupidly went thru a heavily flooded road thinking my car was a boat :p

Rang my mate and he said the sparks could have gotten damp. Same thing happen when I tried to start, waited a bit and she was up and runing again. So give it an hour maybe.**

**I/My mate could be totally wrong on this so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,300 ✭✭✭nice1franko

aye, an hour did the trick... went in, had a cuppa cha, read boards for a bit went back out and it worked straight away.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

R_H_C_P wrote: »
    same thing happened to my car but I stupidly went thru a heavily flooded road thinking my car was a boat :p

Flooded with petrol not water perhaps?.....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

So boards fixed it. That'll be €350 euro please.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

Flooded with petrol not water perhaps?.....

Possibly, I really dont know myself. I was just going on what my mate said due to him having more knowledge than myself.

OP nice that you got it sorted. Its a sickner when it happens.:o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭homer90

quarryman wrote: »
    That'll be €350 euro please.

+ VAT

• Registered Users Posts: 24,511 ✭✭✭✭Cookie_Monster

quarryman wrote: »
    So boards fixed it. That'll be €350 euro please.
    homer90 wrote: »
    + VAT

Can you break that down into parts and labour?
    Did you do anything without ringing me first?
    Do you know I could have gotten the part cheaper myself so you could just fit them?
    Thats mad money, I know someone who could have done it in half the time for half the price!

:D:D:D

*guess the thread?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 131 ✭✭meesa

Reminds me of a joke I heard years ago...wife rings up husband and says "Bad news love ..the car wont start....I think it`s water in the carburettor."

Hubbby..."What makes you think that?"

Wife..."The cars` in the canal".

• Advertisement
Advertisement