Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An Idea..(The Great Soccer Forum Write Off)

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

not gonna do mine till after next weekend. real life essays > teh net

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,584 ✭✭✭mormank

ah sickened. i didnt bother reading this thread til just now and see thats its full. wouldve loved this...and walked away with i reckon!! ;)

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 21,254 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dub13

only1stevo wrote: »
    If anyone wishes to take my place.

Ok I have somebody else for your spot.

A reminder that all article's are due in by 12:00 on Wednesday with the first poll with the ten article's going up later that afternoon.A few days later the other ten will go up.

The top two from each group will go into the grand final were another article will be required from the finalists.I am thinking about making this a little bit longer so say 1000 words max.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,046 ✭✭✭eZe^

I just found out I've another assignment coming up for this week. It really looks unlikely that I'll be able to partake so if that journalist guy above wants my spot he can have. Unfortunate, I was looking forward to writing one.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

ive got a hell of a lotta work to do the next few days (everyone will have such an excuse though) so ill just keep mine fairly simple and most likely not progress to a later round this time out.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Does this have to be an article or can i do a descriptive essay on how Batistuta looks like a wolf?

I'm studying Journalism...
    Count me in too!

PM sent
    eZe^ wrote: »
    I just found out I've another assignment coming up for this week. It really looks unlikely that I'll be able to partake so if that journalist guy above wants my spot he can have. Unfortunate, I was looking forward to writing one.

As above.
    Bubs101 wrote: »
    Does this have to be an article or can i do a descriptive essay on how Batistuta looks like a wolf?

No rules as such it can be about anything soccer related.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,255 ✭✭✭anonymous_joe

I'm a morkeshing student who could probably knock out a few words if I've any free time next week, and ya want something.

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I knew I shouldn't have ignored this thread for the last few days :(

Would have liked tio have given this a shot.

• Advertisement

A couple of spots have opened up,anybody interested..?

• Subscribers Posts: 32,855 ✭✭✭✭5starpool

I'll take one if available. Might be a bit off the top of my head though at this stage, but I'll give it a shot if it is still going.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41,926 ✭✭✭✭_blank_

Extended deadline perhaps?

Friday?

Des wrote: »

Friday?

Yes this may be an idea to run with,we are not in any mad rush.I will need confermation from the last that pulled out if Friday works for them..?

Friday?

Is that for everyone or just the replacements?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,818 ✭✭✭Bateman

Stick me on the standby list cheers.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I'm good for Wednesday or Friday, whichever is going!

This has been extended,ontill friday.I am going to go through the list now and see who is in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

cool cool, im still in anyway. probably just write it tonight to get it written.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,951 ✭✭✭✭Villain

Is there any spaces left? I'd do one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

Im all for a friday extension if possible, i got a bit held up with work over the last few days.:(

Friday extension is confirmed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

If I had of known we were going to be able to do this til Friday I wouldn't have submitted mine so early.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    If I had of known we were going to be able to do this til Friday I wouldn't have submitted mine so early.

Do another one then.

Do another one then.

Bollox to that. Between work and doing stuff for a City site I'm up to my eyes, hence me doing it at the weekend for the Wednesday deadline. That extra two days would have let me spread it out a little rather than rushing it.

Nevermind anyway.

• Advertisement

You have 2 days to edit it. i'm sure u could resubmit?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,407 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

Bollox to that. Between work and doing stuff for a City site I'm up to my eyes, hence me doing it at the weekend for the Wednesday deadline. That extra two days would have let me spread it out a little rather than rushing it.

Nevermind anyway.

In my opinion, you should be allowed to edit / add to your piece as you see fit and submit a revised version to Dub13 by the new deadline along with everyone else.

LuckyLloyd wrote: »
    In my opinion, you should be allowed to edit / add to your piece as you see fit and submit a revised version to Dub13 by the new deadline along with everyone else.

I agree

but he's already thrown his toys out the pram.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

lol @ Xavi :D

I agree

but he's already thrown his toys out the pram.

It's not throwing toys out of the pram. Deadlines are there for a reason. If people can't work with them then that's tough. The date was set so if it didn't suit then pull out.

We've had the same problem with the Draft threads and the 24 hour rule. Everyone agreed to it yet we've subsequently had numerous complaints over delays.

Rules are rules in the interest of fairness.

• Advertisement

784943566_bce9c12b7c_m.jpg

:rolleyes:

:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,372 ✭✭✭✭Mr Alan

i bet you fancied Monica in friends, correct?

It's not throwing toys out of the pram. Deadlines are there for a reason. If people can't work with them then that's tough. The date was set so if it didn't suit then pull out.

We've had the same problem with the Draft threads and the 24 hour rule. Everyone agreed to it yet we've subsequently had numerous complaints over delays.

Dude relax.

You got an extension. That's an essay writers wet dream!! It's a chance for ya to make your essay better. If not, then it's done and ya don't have to worry about it.

Either way, you're grand.

Dude relax.

You got an extension. That's an essay writers wet dream!! It's a chance for ya to make your essay better. If not, then it's done and ya don't have to worry about it.

Either way, you're grand.

That's not the point.

If we get to Friday and only half the articles have been submitted what then? Give the stragglers another week to do it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,102 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

its not exactly a serious thing though...

That's not the point.

If we get to Friday and only half the articles have been submitted what then? Give the stragglers another week to do it?

New people have come in since the deadline was agreed.

Some people are only hopping in today, give them a chance.

Jaysis, it's not as if there's even a prize for this.

Tell you what, PM me your entry, I'll vote for it.

~Rebel~ wrote: »
    its not exactly a serious thing though...

Exactly so why put a time on it? Just say to people that the first 20 entries submitted will go up for a vote. Let people do it at their leisure.

Putting a deadline on something makes it serious.

Put it this way, if my editor said I had to write a feature but could do it whenever I wanted then it'd be done at my leisure. If he said it had to be in by a certain time or it wouldn't be considered then it would be more serious. That's the difference. It's one or the other imo.

We aren't all journos though, and Dub13 isn't an editor.

captain-james-t-kirk-awesome1.jpg

• Advertisement

*sigh*

Fair enough Des. Your wit has put me in my place. Apologies for trying to suggest a bit of order to the thing.

teh-winnar.jpg

If anybody wants to edit there submitted article's or change them completely thats fine.

We had a few pull out and a few new lads come in I could have published the first ten and then given the new lads a few days extra but I taught they would have a unfair advantage in having seen the first then pieces.

I agree with Dub13. Everyone submit together. Tbh I was straggling as it took me ages to come up with a topic. I'm glad now that I don't have to stay up late finishing it. That would feel too much like "work".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,014 ✭✭✭Eirebear

For crying out loud, forgive us "stragglers" for having a life outside the internet eh?

Xavi, i understand where your coming from but come on dude, youve got 20 people handing in an essay on what was originally fairly short notice.
    If it gets to friday and people havnt sent in their piece then fine, move on without them....but give folk a chance eh?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,910 ✭✭✭thusspakeblixa

I was rushing to get mine finished on the bus, I come home, and BAM! an extension!
    Phew!

Bump...less than 24 hours to get your article in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Oh Des I do love a good picture response.

You've warmed my heart. GBY.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,037 ✭✭✭bigstar

Ah Fook! i didnt know there was an extension, been worrying about it and rushed through it tuesday night and now i find out i could have rushed through it tonight (havent really been to the board since city lost)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,519 ✭✭✭✭noodler

Whingers.

Advertisement