Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Why do so many people on this site worry about who's 'Cool'?

• 28-11-2008 11:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭

Lads a lot of you seem to CONSTANTLY talk about what's 'Cool'. The 'Cool' factor crops up in a lot of threads.

Is it important for the board that it be kept up? Maybe there could be a 'Cool' board, and a 'not so cool' board?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

huh?:D:D
    im cool,so my mother tells me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Every time I come on this site, it seems to discuss the nostalgia, and what's 'Cool' now.

Hawtin, the Asylum, etc. Nobody on here seems to like banter about production tips, new hardware/software releases, new clubnights, the irish scenes, etc....its always the BIG topics....meh.....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Well i personally could never be described as a "bandwagon jumper" for example i know of hardly anyone else on here or indeed in Dublin who is into Hardcore Breaks (or indeed has even heard of this scene which is very underground) just one example.;)

Every time I come on this site, it seems to discuss the nostalgia, and what's 'Cool' now.

Hawtin, the Asylum, etc. Nobody on here seems to like banter about production tips, new hardware/software releases, new clubnights, the irish scenes, etc....its always the BIG topics....meh.....
    theres a production section on boards for that,i think thats why theres no prduction tips.
    i agree the oldschool thing is something im not particuarly interested in either but some people think its important to discuss it:D

So we get caught with all middle-of-the-road topics?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

seannash wrote: »
    theres a production section on boards for that,i think thats why theres no prduction tips.
    i agree the oldschool thing is something im not particuarly interested in either but some people think its important to discuss it:D

considering the Asylum/Old Skool thread is over 300 pages long and is one of the biggest threads on the whole website id say there are a lot of people still very much interested, also consider some of the biggest Raves in the UK on NYE are old skool like Fantazia and Moondance.;)

well i guess the topics do centre around stuff like tech house minimal,techno and electrohouse.i do prefer topics where theres opinions being expressed from both sides,proper debates.i dont really pay too much attention to the new tune thread,the odd time i have a look at them.
    but yeah its hardly jampacked with meaty topics,seems like the same topics revisited most of the time,which is still better than a dead forum.
    although from what i understand some people are trying to make some changes for the better

The best forums always have good arguments, IMO.

The peoplesrepublicofcork music board has turned into a brown-nose board these days. It's a real shame. Totally uninteresting. So I'm scavenging the net for somewhere new....

jonny68 wrote: »
    considering the Asylum/Old Skool thread is over 300 pages long and is one of the biggest threads on the whole website id say there are a lot of people still very much interested, also consider some of the biggest Raves in the UK on NYE are old skool like Fantazia and Moondance.;)
    eh i didnt disagree,i said some people think it needs discussing?i agreed that i didnt find it appealing.
    if you want we to list the reasons why johnny ill be happy to?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Swapping mixes or old tunes people happen to like is hardly a middle of the road topics, so what if people discuss old skool stuff, if thats what they want to so let them do it, nobody owns this board. Plenty of people of a certain age happen to like swapping memories and experiences, and I'm sorry if us middle of the road, boring old farts don't entertain you ;)

• Advertisement

The best forums always have good arguments, IMO.

The peoplesrepublicofcork music board has turned into a brown-nose board these days. It's a real shame. Totally uninteresting. So I'm scavenging the net for somewhere new....
    well i followed a friend of mine over to this one.im in new york so this is a way for me to chat with non americans about house music.there still talking about taking people on journeys over here,i cant handle that sort of thing:rolleyes::D

How about starting with "cos they should form a knitting circle, and chat about it over mugs of hot cocoa, instead?"

Nostalgia aint what it used to be...

francois wrote: »
    Swapping mixes or old tunes people happen to like is hardly a middle of the road topics, so what if people discuss old skool stuff, if thats what they want to so let them do it, nobody owns this board. Plenty of people of a certain age happen to like swapping memories and experiences, and I'm sorry if us middle of the road, boring old farts don't entertain you ;)

Pooh Pooh!

out with the old!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

So what don't you start some interesting debates?

How about starting with "cos they should form a knitting circle, and chat about it over mugs of hot cocoa, instead?"

Nostalgia aint what it used to be...
    i can see your out to make friends round here:D

_

BaZmO* wrote: »
    So what don't you start some interesting debates?
    I just Bloody well did?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭francois

Pooh Pooh!

out with the old!

Don't you have some homework or something to do :D

Haha

In fact I'm SUPPOSED to be working....I'll leave ye slate me away in peace, and I'll be back later....

:D:D

• Advertisement

I just Bloody well did?
    Is this what's considered interesting?

You think it's not?....

Then why don't you make one that's interesting....etc etc etc...

Are all your posts less than 10 words? I can see how you managed the 7200+ posts...

• Subscribers Posts: 8,322 ✭✭✭Scubadevils

I used to be cool. :eek:

Felixdhc wrote: »
    I used to be cool. :eek:
    who told you that;)

this guy is pretty cool

:cool:

who told you that;)

My wife. :pac:

this guy is pretty cool

What's it like to be cool these days? I only know about oldskool coolness.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,747 ✭✭✭MikeHoncho

I ****in hate jumped up n00bs.

What's it like to be cool these days? I only know about oldskool coolness.
    pretty easy actually,comes natural to some.obviously judging by the emoticon it helps if your blue and have sunglasses

• Advertisement

You think it's not?....
    Eh not really.

Then why don't you make one that's interesting....etc etc etc...
    I'm not the one complaining. If I thought the forum was lacking discussion I'd just create a topic and not moan about there not being enough topics being discussed.

Are all your posts less than 10 words? I can see how you managed the 7200+ posts...
    I'm on this site 5 years so given that you're only on it since Feb this year, our averages are around about the same.

My god, all the 'Cool' of the board is arriving into this one thread.

This isn't what I had in mind at all...

My god, all the 'Cool' of the board is arriving into this one thread.

This isn't what I had in mind at all...
    So what exactly did you have in mind Einstein?

Eh not really.

I'm not the one complaining. If I thought the forum was lacking discussion I'd just create a topic and not moan about there not being enough topics being discussed.

I'm on this site 5 years so given that you're only on it since Feb this year, our averages are around about the same.

Yeah but how many times have you been banned?
    I didn't moan about there not being enough topics being discussed Bazm0*, read my first post. There was absolutely no mention of quantity, whatsoever.

Well this certainly makes for interesting reading anyway.

This post I mean.

Hahahaha

• Advertisement

Well this certainly makes for interesting reading anyway.

This post I mean.
    its definitely keeping me awake

just to keep this topic going could you post some topics where people are going on about whats cool,so we have a point of reference

Yeah but how many times have you been banned?
    None
    I didn't moan about there not being enough topics being discussed Bazm0*, read my first post. There was absolutely no mention of quantity, whatsoever.
    Well tbh, I haven't a clue what you're on about at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

I'll begin, B'more is crap and definately not cool.

None

Well tbh, I haven't a clue what you're on about at this stage.

Then butt out! You're the one telling me I should make a different thread....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58065309&postcount=12

• Advertisement

I'll begin, B'more is crap and definately not cool.

What's B'more?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

MikeHoncho wrote: »
    I ****in hate jumped up n00bs.

i know,,, the fcukin cheek..............hahaha

instant cool points if youve got a pair of these[IMG][/img]37actionjeansqt4.th.jpg

What's B'more?
    baltimore house i imagine?
    kinda like hip hop and house

Then butt out! You're the one telling me I should make a different thread....

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=58065309&postcount=12
    Why was that quoted?

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭NotInventedHere

baltimore house i imagine?
    kinda like hip hop and house

Correct.

Why was that quoted?

My apologies; I did a search for the word "Cool", cos someone wanted a reference point for previous instances of 'Cool' usage....

meh....i've used it about a hundred times myself, in half as many posts, but it'd be wrong to quote myself...

Correct.
    i also agree its horrible music:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 124 ✭✭pallepille

hip house ?????

My apologies; I did a search for the word "Cool", cos someone wanted a reference point for previous instances of 'Cool' usage....

meh....i've used it about a hundred times myself, in half as many posts, but it'd be wrong to quote myself...
    that was me,still dont see that many people going on about cool to be honest.

[IMG][/img]37actionjeansxm6.th.jpg

• Advertisement
Advertisement