Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Pioneer djm400 mixer

• 28-11-2008 11:25am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 24

Didnt want to hijack Daroxtar's thread regarding mixers below....

want to upgrade from my old inherited Gemini mixer, and was thinking of this Pioneer djm400... its around my price range and seems to have plenty of features. also ranks best in sales on Thomann.de. Was wondering does anyone have any strong feelings/experience with this equipment before i shell out the €450?
    play lots of different styles and will want to scratch...

Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭hans aus dtschl

Phibsd7 wrote: »

want to upgrade from my old inherited Gemini mixer, and was thinking of this Pioneer djm400... its around my price range and seems to have plenty of features. also ranks best in sales on Thomann.de. Was wondering does anyone have any strong feelings/experience with this equipment before i shell out the €450?

Cheers!

i wouldnt buy pioneer.

I'd get an external effects unit, and the urei's mentioned in the other thread.

Personal opinion; mixers with effects arent worth buying.

http://www.thomann.de/ie/ecler_nuo_20.htm

another one worth looking at

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,672 ✭✭✭seannash

i have the ecler nuo4
    good mixer but im gonna have to go with the best mixers ive ever used(ive used most by now)
    vestax!!
    they take some punishment and the eqs are fantastic,solid build too.
    im not too sold on effects mixers either,i find after a while i dont really use the effects anymore.
    :confused:

http://www.thomann.de/ie/vestax_pmc_06_pro_vca_b.htm

06 is right within budget, and some 05's are too...

yep they actually have alot of options in that range theres this one too
    http://djwholesalers.stores.yahoo.net/vestaxpmc170a.html

there great scratch mixers too

• Advertisement

http://www.thomann.de/ie/vestax_pmc_06_pro_vca_b.htm

06 is right within budget, and some 05's are too...
    id suggest he get a 3 band eq mixer though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Phibsd7

nice one lads. totally confused now though!!

why doesnt the urei 1601 have a record output? how would i record mixes? (probably stupid question, but throwing it out there anyway :))

yeah id def want 3 band eq.
    the ecler looks like a good option though..?

nice one lads. totally confused now though!!

why doesnt the urei 1601 have a record output? how would i record mixes? (probably stupid question, but throwing it out there anyway :))

yeah id def want 3 band eq.
    the ecler looks like a good option though..?
    its if you want to hook it up to a system,you have one set of outs for your monitor and one for your mains(or recording it to something)
    having had both the ecler and the vestax id say there both a good choice but the vestax one is better imo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,625 ✭✭✭✭BaZmO*

Vestax are really top quality Mixers although they are more renowned for their range of Scratch Mixers. I have a Urei and it's really nice mixer except for the EQing issue while cueing.

Whats wrong with the EQ whilst cueuing?

I was going to pick up a 1603...

• Advertisement

BaZmO* wrote: »
    Vestax are really top quality Mixers although they are more renowned for their range of Scratch Mixers. I have a Urei and it's really nice mixer except for the EQing issue while cueing.
    they do have a great reputaion in the scratch world but there mixers are still top notch for any djing style really.its a shame that they have slipped off the radar as they have such a great range of mixers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

i've seen you mention that before but on mine you can definitely hear the eq's in the headphones... there's even a seperate knob next to the headphone volume knob on mine that does an additional level of emergency eq just to the headphone channel for when you're mixing with knackered headphones or you're sat next to a distorting monitor...

If you're cueing up a track it won't let you hear the EQing in the headphones. It's a bit annoying if you're trying to get the mix right.

I have the 1601s so it might not apply to the 1603

i've seen you mention that before but on mine you can definitely hear the eq's in the headphones... there's even a seperate knob next to the headphone volume knob on mine that does an additional level of emergency eq just to the headphone channel for when you're mixing with knackered headphones or you're sat next to a distorting monitor...
    Really? I must check it out again when I go home so. Cheers

If you're cueing up a track it won't let you hear the EQing in the headphones. It's a bit annoying if you're trying to get the mix right.

sounds a bit weird most headphone cues come directly from the channel so any eq on it would show.bit strange that one

It'd be a shame if it was on the 1603; that would annoy me a bit.

I was home at lunch time and checked it again to make sure and it definitely doesn't let you hear the EQing in the Headphones. Even when you flick the switch to Master or Cue

Disaster.

Must check that out on the 1603, so. That's a nightmare, having to listen to the full-freq track in the cue.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭brianc27

djm400 is a great little mixer, had one for about 2 years, the effects are pretty decent, faders are great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,353 ✭✭✭Daroxtar

Cheers!
    Hijacked!!!!
    are you from a fishing village in somalia? no, just messin. pioneer was one i looked at too but spotted this and it got me thinkin along slightly different lines.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SVzCuPfFzGA

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,456 ✭✭✭Jev/N

i wouldnt buy pioneer.

I'd get an external effects unit, and the urei's mentioned in the other thread.

Personal opinion; mixers with effects arent worth buying.

Sorry to disagree with you on another thread but I can't agree with that opinion, pioneers are great mixers regardless of effects

Have the DJM800 myself and while I don't use the effects the whole time, it's a brilliant mixer - same for the DJM400 - I've used it before and it's a real solid little mixer for the price and have heard many recommendations from friends of mine that own them.

Jev/N wrote: »
    Sorry to disagree with you on another thread but I can't agree with that opinion, pioneers are great mixers regardless of effects

Have the DJM800 myself and while I don't use the effects the whole time, it's a brilliant mixer - same for the DJM400 - I've used it before and it's a real solid little mixer for the price and have heard many recommendations from friends of mine that own them.
    its a good mixer but i reckon theres better out there,honestly the effects arent worth mentioning because they rarely get used once you get over the initial buzz of having them,so what your left with is a good mixer but a bit on the expensive side.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭studiorat

Disaster.

Must check that out on the 1603, so. That's a nightmare, having to listen to the full-freq track in the cue.

That's called pre-fade monitoring. I reckon that's switchable somewhere maybe even inside the box...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 250 ✭✭uprooted shane

sorry to hijack, but can ya hear the EQing in the DJMs through the headphones?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,528 ✭✭✭copeyhagen

spend 180 on a behringer mixer, course it wont last NEAR as long as the pioneer but fuk it, if its for your bedroom then who gives a sh1t when your getting it that cheap.

Advertisement