Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Query re: Microsoft 70-536 exam in .net 2.0

Options
  • 28-11-2008 11:25am
    Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 2,688 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

New to MS certification but have been studying 70-536 with a view towards my MCTS: .NET Framework 2.0 Web Applications

now see that the above exam is listed on MS's website as being for .net 3.0 or 3.5 or something

What are my options?

I only use .net 2.0 day to day and have put in a decent bit of work to sit this exam. Anywhere ive looked for the 70-536 exam its listed as being a different version of .net

Can you sit an exam in a previous technology version? If so do you know an institute that will run this exam?

Sorry for stupid questions but im hoping to get this exam out of the way just after Christmas.

regards
    morph

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,931 ✭✭✭Ginger

The exam 70-536 exam is version agnostic and is used on both 2,0 and 3,5 certifications..

Meaning you dont need to do anything else than you have been doing. The reason it is listed for 2.0 and 3.5 is because they use the same version of the CLR so the foundations stuff stays the same.

So if you do 70-536 it remains vald for 2.0 and can also be used for 3.5 exams.

Hope that helps.. my sig also has links etc to stuff on it

• Registered Users Posts: 2,299 ✭✭✭PixelTrawler

Good to hear. I've been doing a fair bit for this also - getting sick of studying it now, just want to attempt it...

Think ill see if I can squeeze it in before christmas.

Really want to get this one out of the way and get into 528

That is the usual response from people..

I have a blog post on exam prep and this exam

Shameless pimping I know :)

Grrr... just missed it today.

669 - needed 700!

Now to decide whether to chance it again before christmas, or take a pause for a few weeks and have a crack again at the end of jan. Bad time of year for this - I've stuff on this weekend...

There was a few things that came up I wasnt sure about although it wasnt a bad spread of questions.. maybe i should write down what i can remember of the questions, add it to my notes and have a proper go again in a few weeks time...

Unlucky...

You can always try a free go if you signed up for second shot and see how you get on.. Have to check the retry policy after doing it twice and not passing tho.. (which is 14days after the second and subsequent retakes)

• Advertisement

Yeah I have the second shot voucher. I entered it when booking the first go.

And I enter the same number again as far as I know. Going to do it late-ish january... hopefully next time... few things i need to brush up on

And you can get another shot..

Second Shot continues http://certsandprogs.blogspot.com/2009/01/second-shot-continues.html

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

Has anyone bought the self-test study aids from mesaureup or selftestsoftware? Measureup appears to be is 40 dollars cheaper and gives more sample questions???, has anyone used either of them?

I have used MeasureUp and found them quite good.

If you start a new thread on what exam you are planning to do you might get a better response

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭ronan001

thanks alot. I am going to do the 70-536 C# exam. I suppose any of the self-test offers would be helpful. I bought the new edition of the training kit book, there are 200 questions on the cd which is pretty good too.

• Advertisement

I have a blog post on it here which should help a bit

735/1000

Few weird ones came up but got it at least... now onto 528 which looks to be far more pleasant as its closer to my day to day work

Any tips on this one Ginger

EDIT: i read your sig!

No worries.. also have a blog post on it too :)

Advertisement