Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

debit card refund

Options
  • 28-11-2008 11:29am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭

I was refunded an amout of €600 through a teller machine in a shop on my Laser debit card yesterday at about 4.30pm. I was checking my account on the internet and the payment has not gone through yet., iwas just wondering how long does it usually take i.e a couple of days.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,284 ✭✭✭wyndham

It depends on when they batch up the machine in the shop. Some may do it daily, others every couple of days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,705 ✭✭✭✭Tigger

takes 2-3 days max

• Registered Users Posts: 9,843 ✭✭✭billyhead

Wyndham,

I rang the retailer there and they said they batched the machine last night. I then rang the bank and they told me to get back onto the retailer. I was given a print out receipt from the shop saying stating the refund to my card. Could it still take another day or two?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

It will take a couple of days to appear on the card. Be calm.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

This is really a disadvantage of using the laser card, It can take 2 or 3 days, but that could be Thursday till Monday.
    I had an issue where a person came back to a shop to return an item and buy the item again at a special offer price, I refunded the original sales back on to their laser card, they could not buy the item again or withdraw the cash until the refund appeared back on their account by which time the price had gone back up.
    It was an expensive item. The bank said they could do nothing about it, only offer him a overdraft at a charge!

• Registered Users Posts: 952 ✭✭✭bills

yeah can take a few days. I have had the same problem but showed up eventually.
    Just keep checking it.

Advertisement