Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wireless modem query

Options
  • 28-11-2008 11:51am
    Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭

Howdy

I was wondering if it is better to keep the (eircom) wireless modem plugged in and on all the time wven when the computer is not in use? Currently I unplug everything and it is taking ages for the PC to connect to the web. Would I be better leaving the modem on at all times?

Thanks for the help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Probably nothing to do with the modem - more likely to be the amount of time it takes your PC's wireless card to initialise

Depends what you mean by "ages" though...

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,734 Mod ✭✭✭✭Boom_Bap

After turning on the modem, how long does it take for the DSL light to become solid? (not blinking)

• Registered Users Posts: 839 ✭✭✭yknaa

Many thanks for the swift reply. I will check how long it takes the light on the modem. Connecting to the web is taking c.20-25 mins. I am guessing it is a PC problem but was wondering if turning off the modem was adding to the time length.

Thanks again

Advertisement