Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Packet filtering on ntl/upc

Options
  • 28-11-2008 12:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭

ok, looks like I've got a problem with ntl/upc and one of my US based hosting providers - hostgator.com

I've been troubleshooting an issue with the popular blogging software wordpress which I've installed on one of their servers.

While the frontend of the site seems to load fine, the backend admin interface is loading extremely slowly or not at all at times. Page refresh actions are hanging and looking like they are about to load but then never loading.

After a LOT of troubleshooting (trying different servers with the host, trying different browsers, workstations via the ntl network etc.) the problem has been isolated to something specific with the upc/ntl broadband network.

This is definitely the case, because when we access the wordpress admin interface via a public internet proxy the problem dissapears.

I remember about a year ago I couldn't access some sites via upc/ntl that seemed to be blocked completely on their network (problem seemed to resolve itself back then)

Anyone else experienced issues like this with upc/ntl?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 194 ✭✭daffy_duc

Strong Deja vu here..

Have you tried lowering your MTU?

I imagine the admin interface is over SSL? (https:)

• Registered Users Posts: 233 ✭✭ct_roy

hey daffy,

no not yet. I'm gonna have a look at that later alright - bloody annoying if upc are messing around with this kind of stuff

Advertisement