Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Canteen on Fire?

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,584 ✭✭✭TouchingVirus

Updated photo from Bart Busschots:

3071802830_37cee0f908_o.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,812 ✭✭✭Vojera

That's a good picture. I'm sure some were taken from upstairs in Bioscience too. There were co-workers of mine taking snaps as were ushered away due to the roof exploding.

That's my picture, so thanks! I was one of those biosciencers taking snaps as we left the labs :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Did anyone else hear the rumour they might be using the Glenroyal hotel for exams space?

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Rodg3

token56 wrote: »
    Two pictures of the aftermath attached.

Fire services did good job of not letting it spread to the sports hall section. Was pretty amazing to watch it go up though.
    At least all the secondary students got a warm welcoming.

I'll get my coat.

I'll post the rest if you like, I took those photos afterall :D

Also, taken from:http://www.flickr.com/photos/ronancorrigan/sets/72157610529413016/

3072482810_5791a70a00_o.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 996 ✭✭✭bnagrrl

Holy moly that's some fire. I was out there on Friday for the invigilation training but heard nothing about it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

bnagrrl wrote: »
    Holy moly that's some fire. I was out there on Friday for the invigilation training but heard nothing about it!

/Off topic

If you've been an invigilator before you'll know what to expect but if not, prepare for boredom :) I used to be the senior invigilator in charge of exam halls and that's a lot less boring because there's so much paperwork to fill out but I remember when I was a regular invigilator I used to count the number of left-handed people in the exam hall or the number of bricks in one row around the sports hall or the number of people with visible tattoos...anything to relieve the boredom. The sheer excitement you feel when someone finally puts their hand up for a cup of water is depressing :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,195 ✭✭✭✭Michellenman

The guy wrote: »
    Did anyone else hear the rumour they might be using the Glenroyal hotel for exams space?

For serious? Not too keen on that...

I was in the computer room in the arts block when it went on fire and could hear all this crackling, silly little me thought it was an experiment for the open day. That'd be some fúckin amazing experiment!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,094 ✭✭✭Beau

I was in the computer room in the arts block when it went on fire and could hear all this crackling, silly little me thought it was an experiment for the open day. That'd be some fúckin amazing experiment!
    Check your email. They are still using the sports hall, you just have to enter from the back at the car park.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,373 ✭✭✭The guy

Beau wrote: »
    Check your email. They are still using the sports hall, you just have to enter from the back at the car park.

Just a Rumour then.

Advertisement