Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Second guitar for Rockband

Options
  • 28-11-2008 1:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 146 ✭✭

I was just wondering what kind of second guitar people got as band in a box just comes with the one guitar. Its just something that i've been thinking about for a while. Should i get a second rockband one or just purchase guitar hero (I'll have new game & guitar).

Any opinions welcome?

Do you have a second guitar? 11 votes

I had Guitar Hero guitar already
    0% 0 votes
    I bought Guitar Hero guitar
    72% 8 votes
    I bought Rock Band guitar
    18% 2 votes
    Have none or see no need for one
    9% 1 vote

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Cully

Most people had a Guitar Hero guitar from before. TBH it's best used as a Bass Guitar as there are no solo buttons if used as a lead guitar.

People who play Guitar Hero a lot probably like the feel of the Guitar Hero Guitar, but I personally like the Rock Band guitar.... So much so that I will be buying the Bass Guitar that's made by Mad Catz (as soon as I have money)..

5747411x.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Cully wrote: »
    Most people had a Guitar Hero guitar from before. TBH it's best used as a Bass Guitar as there are no solo buttons if used as a lead guitar.

People who play Guitar Hero a lot probably like the feel of the Guitar Hero Guitar, but I personally like the Rock Band guitar.... So much so that I will be buying the Bass Guitar that's made by Mad Catz (as soon as I have money)..

5747411x.jpg

That bass is glorious looking and all reviews have said it's fantastic too!! Enjoy man!

I also prefer the Rock Band guitar, due to the clicking of the buttons and not the strum bar. Good times! :)

I hate the strum bar clickyness in GH

Also... I way prefer the full length buttons on RB... and also most importantly the bar thing they have on both sides of the buttons... I use that for a guide of where my fingers go.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Post a review of the P-Bass controller, please! I'm tempted, but it seems so very expensive...

Mr. K wrote: »
    Post a review of the P-Bass controller, please! I'm tempted, but it seems so very expensive...

Well I don't have it yet.... I'm getting one when I have the cash... which could be years...

Or knowing me, I'll order it when I'm annoyed over some song I can't pass :O

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

Is it just me, or does that Bass not have a whammy bar?

Is it just me, or does that Bass not have a whammy bar?

Correct... The whammy is one of the knobs on the side... you twist it to "whammy".

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

Cully wrote: »
    Correct... The whammy is one of the knobs on the side... you twist it to "whammy".

That looks f*cking awkward if you ask me!

ShawnRaven wrote: »
    That looks f*cking awkward if you ask me!

I didn't ask you :D :pac:

Actually it's easy to get used to... and the rest of the guitar makes up for it... esp thumb rest and split strum bar..

EDIT:
    bass-1.jpg

and

bass-2.jpg

and

bass-4.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,552 ✭✭✭Bobalicious93

What exactly is the point of the split strum bar?

• Advertisement

Bassists strum upwards... In fact one of the achievements in RB1 was to get 100% on an expert song using only upstrums.

so... there's a thumb rest to "rest" your thumb on while your index and ring finger strum upwards... just like a real bass... The idea is that you can do the fast songs while still strumming upwards.

might not be interesting to "guitar hero" only players... but to anyone who plays bass, they seem to think it's awesome... Also, this bass looks awesome when you see one close up :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Rest your thumb on... well, the thumb rest, then play with your index and middle finger, all up-strums. Et Voila, authentic bass experience ;)

Advertisement