Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

JP Liz wrote: »
    Blondie
    Boyzone
    Bell X 1
    Anatasica

Really now, is that official??? They did a big announcement for all these people who are past their prime, and with the exception of BellX1 were never good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Yeah, they were officially announced today, along with Simple Minds, Des Bishop, Crosby Stills & Nash, John Spillane & Mick Flannery. Info on the shows here

Only ones that interest me out of the latest added are Bell X1 and Mick Flannery, but I'm already gonna be seeing both acts live soon anyway so might give the marquee a miss.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

For some reason the Garth Brooks rumour will not go away

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jobucks

Wouldnt mind seeing Blondie though the rest is a bit of a dissapointment.. was hoping for one of the big guys that are in the Country around that time.. U2, Eagles, Take that etc...

Is that it then? Or is there more to be announced?

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

I think I heard 2 more to be announced in 2 weeks. Definetley something about an announcement in 2 weeks anyway!

• Advertisement

DJ Hafez wrote: »
    I think I heard 2 more to be announced in 2 weeks. Definetley something about an announcement in 2 weeks anyway!

All fingers and toes crossed and will pray to Bono the God of rock that they can find time around croker dates to come to the true capital... pigs will be flying over the Marquee 1st though I'd imagine.

I'd settle for Take That though:D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

I would go to Flannery and Spillane, but I am working in a certain place that takes place on that date!! ****e!!!

but I am working in a certain place that takes place on that date!! ****e!!!

?:confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Yeah, they were officially announced today, along with Simple Minds, Des Bishop, Crosby Stills & Nash, John Spillane & Mick Flannery. Info on the shows here

facepalm.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭flo8s967qjh0nd

Although I won't have a bad word said about John Spillane, all the acts announced today are a serious let down.

What about Bruce Springsteen? He's in Dublin around the same time.

Very disappointing. Josh Ritter is pretty much the only act I'd bother going to see there.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 996 ✭✭✭Léan

What a let down. They're all fairly washed out. Heard Blondie is brutal live these days.

Was really hoping for Blur.

Marquee, getting progressively worse, year by year.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Ne-Yo plays in the Marquee, Cork (July 6)

Simple Minds play live at the Marquee Cork on Thursday the 25th of June 2009

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Just when I thought it couldn't get any more disappointing.

Apparently there is one more act to be announced soon. They really do need a big name to top it off....or improve it a bit anyway :/

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭diego ribas

what a god awful line up. Looks like the recession is hitting the organisers pockets too. Id guess the next announcement will be for damien dempsey or the darkness:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

what a god awful line up. Looks like the recession is hitting the organisers pockets too. Id guess the next announcement will be for damien dempsey or the darkness:rolleyes:

There'd be nothing wrong with that

except he'd struggle to sell out the opera house never mind the marquee.

This coupled with the fact hes muck means it really wouldnt bode too well for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Gerard.C

except he'd struggle to sell out the opera house never mind the marquee.

This coupled with the fact hes muck means it really wouldnt bode too well for him.

....in your opinion. Don't forget that or you'll get banned or something

in my own humble opinion, of course.:P

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Psh. F*ck Damien Dempsey.

• Registered Users Posts: 858 ✭✭✭thejuggler

What about the Eagles? They are in Dublin Galway and Belfast around that time. Great live band - saw them in Dublin a few years back.

Blondie have cancelled their gig, Aiken say it is due to circumstances beyond their control. Have heard it was conflicting with their tour schedule or something. The Prodigy will now be the opening act this year instead. Read as well that two more acts to be announced in the coming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

Yep, Debbie Harry is out..

So we have room for a rock diva... hmmm.. Stevie Nicks anyone?? :D Fleetwood Macs tour will be over in the US at the end of May then they're reportedly on their way across the pond. Fingers crossed. Although, they'd hardly want to play our little tent in comparison to selling out the Amhpitheatres over there..:rolleyes:

Fleetwood Mac would be sweet. I'd go to that.

Lady GaGa just announced

For crying out loud.

• Registered Users Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Bill-e

MWAHHAHAHAHAA!

-That's all I have to say about that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,379 ✭✭✭thebigcheese22

JP Liz wrote: »
    Lady GaGa just announced

Em source? I see nothing about it.

And if it is true, it will descend into farce!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 152 ✭✭A-Bit-Dodge

What an absolute farsical joke..

They can count me out. I'm all for supporting local festivals like the Marquee.. but this lineup is a ****ing disgrace. Prodigy, grand.. everyone else.. WTF???:mad:

Advertisement