Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Live at the Marquee 2009

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

An absolute bollocksfest.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭diego ribas

ugh....the norries are gonna love this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭RebelRockChick

Kanye West announced here

I'm guessing that is the full line-up now. Not impressed :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 861 ✭✭✭KeyLimePie

Anything at all about lady gaga at the marquee ? =p I googled lady gaga and cork and all I got was the gay cork forums...

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭DJ Hafez

KeyLimePie wrote: »
    Anything at all about lady gaga at the marquee ? =p I googled lady gaga and cork and all I got was the gay cork forums...

www.redfm.ie

• Advertisement

DJ Hafez wrote: »

well I feel stupid now, all I did was check the news on RedFM and didn't notice the big picture of lady gaga........thanks !

• Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭nah_biy!

It's literally like RedFM central, a haven for all the streaky faced slapeprs of Cork. Their hero Lady GaGa, the slapper queen herself in Cork, like.

I think I'll throw up now.

The Marquee is utter drivel compared to previous years now :(

nah_biy! wrote: »
    It's literally like RedFM central, a haven for all the streaky faced slapeprs of Cork. Their hero Lady GaGa, the slapper queen herself in Cork, like.

I think I'll throw up now.

The Marquee is utter drivel compared to previous years now :(

I have to intervene here, lady gaga is far from a slapper, and I'm not a slapper and i listen to her =p neither are my friends

I'm just curious what WOULD make a good line up for the marquee ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,226 ✭✭✭taram

I quite like Lady GaGa's album, but not sure how she'll fill a whole show.

The line-up is catering to nostaliga fans and those under 20 it seems, which is a pity since the Marquee had so many good acts in the past few years. :(

Tracy Chapman now confirmed for June 22nd

Chickenfoot (guitarist Joe Satriani, ex-Van Halen members Sammy Hagar and Michael Anthony and Red Hot Chili Peppers drummer Chad Smith) playing on June 23rd.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Any truth to Fleetwood Mac replacing Blondie rumours or Michael Buble rumours

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

Wow, I'm not kidding when I say I'd love to see Tracy Chapman. So there's the one saving grace. Too bad I'll be in Vancouver :( Missing Venetian Snares too probably :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

50 cent and Counting Crows also rumoured

50 Cent is confirmed, July 10th. So that's 50, Kanye and Ne-yo all there this year :/

Wouldn't be surprised if Counting Crows were announced, they kinda have connections with Cork anyways.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

the queue for Lady Gaga tickets this morning:

3405909397_eb09f92173.jpg

unless tickets for something else went on sale at the same time.

• Registered Users Posts: 296 ✭✭BeansMeansHynes

Ah for f*** sake.

Lady Gaga that is ridiculous. She has two crap songs like. :confused:

That really annoys me. Stupid chart bands that have about 2 songs out and go on world tours!

Grrrrrrr

Ah for f*** sake.

Lady Gaga that is ridiculous. She has two crap songs like. :confused:

That really annoys me. Stupid chart bands that have about 2 songs out and go on world tours!

Grrrrrrr
    Well I doubt she only has 2 songs on her album. The Marquee has proven that it doesn't cater for music enthusiasts anyway. There've been some pretty good acts in Cork this year in small venues, namely the Liquid Lounge and Cyprus Avenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,744 ✭✭✭deRanged

she sold out in 10 minutes according to the echo, and that's what the promoters really care about.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

thats not that much

Ah yeah sure I suppose she can manage to stretch her one whole album out over a show and throw in a few covers as well. :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,953 ✭✭✭Vinta81

Got my gaga tickets!!! Loads of us going so excited!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

jesus thats some queue,thank god for the internet i didnt even have to leave work!!

is she the only act thats sold out?,are the people that are slating lady gaga people that didnt get tickets or do they just have too much time on their hands??

I dont think the ppl expressing their dislike for her have too much time on their hands.

I personally dont like her music and think its a bit of a waste with her playing in the Marquee. It would be the same reaction from other ppl if lets say Slayer/Rage Against the Machine / Kenny Rodgers :D:D, or whoever were to play there.

bladebrew wrote: »
    jesus thats some queue,thank god for the internet i didnt even have to leave work!!

is she the only act thats sold out?,are the people that are slating lady gaga people that didnt get tickets or do they just have too much time on their hands??

:confused:

ffs what's having too much time got to do with it, people can have a preference for different music :rolleyes:. And as for your question, Rod Stewart is sold out also.

As Kold said there are some good acts playing smaller venues in Cork, I much prefer a more intimate venue. Been to the pav and the savoy in the last few months for some good gigs and look forward to going to more there and other venues in the city.

Saw Bell X1 at the Pav last year and at Vicar St. on Monday, but so tempted to see them at the Marquee again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,673 ✭✭✭bladebrew

:confused:

ffs what's having too much time got to do with it, people can have a preference for different music :rolleyes:. And as for your question, Rod Stewart is sold out also.

As Kold said there are some good acts playing smaller venues in Cork, I much prefer a more intimate venue. Been to the pav and the savoy in the last few months for some good gigs and look forward to going to more there and other venues in the city.

Saw Bell X1 at the Pav last year and at Vicar St. on Monday, but so tempted to see them at the Marquee again!

ah i know im being dragged along by the g/f,i agree the lineup is dodgy as theres 21 (?) acts playing and only 2 sold out,hopefully the organisers will notice this,

its just people sayin lady gaga is crap etc etc,they must be a minority judging by that queue and how fast the tickets sold out!!,i think its just way to small to attract bands that the people who hate lady gaga want to see

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

lady gaga sold out in 10mins holy####

bladebrew wrote: »
    ah i know im being dragged along by the g/f,i agree the lineup is dodgy as theres 21 (?) acts playing and only 2 sold out,hopefully the organisers will notice this,

its just people sayin lady gaga is crap etc etc,they must be a minority judging by that queue and how fast the tickets sold out!!,i think its just way to small to attract bands that the people who hate lady gaga want to see
    No, it's just that the Marquee charges around €40-60 and every year ropes in some has beens for the older folks, whoever is 'it' with the young people with minimal interests in music (ie Lady Gaga), some piss poor 'family friendly' comedians and maybe 1 actual half decent act a year. Now music is subjective and all that but it would just seem that the organisers of Live at the Marquee have no interest in bringing in any musically credible acts at the top of their game outside of the genres of pop rock, r'n'b or singer songwriting.

Ah well, I'll just pay my €20 to see Venetian Snares in Cyprus Ave next week knowing I'm getting a far better show and not have to pay €5+ for a flimsy plastic cup of beer that I can't take in anyway.

I hate music snobs. Like actually despise them. People have differnet tastes in music and there's no point insaying so and so is crap or whatever. There's spot of bands/artists I don't like but I pay no mindto them because others do. Music is one thing I'm pretty passionate about so I hate the musical snobbery ofsome.

That said, I've been a tan of miss gaga way before the gen pop knew of her.I've had her demos and "the fame" sessions for ages! :)

I haven't said anyone was crap here (even if I may think it), I'm just saying there's not a lot for people who don't like very commercial music.

• Advertisement

I was speaking in more general terms. Don't mind me! Just having one of those days!

Advertisement