Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Eamon Keane has a lot of holidays!

• 28-11-2008 2:03pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 879 ✭✭✭

Is it just me or is Eamon Keane (lunchtime on Newstalk) off almost every second week? He's on the missing list again this week and in recent months he seems to be missing almost 50% of the time. His filler ins are no great shakes....

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

He can stay on permanent holiday as far as I'm concerned. Keogh is far far better. But they need to do a total overhaul of that slot.

But yeah, he's always out, he took the day off to go to the All Black's match as well. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

+1 on the suggestion that he takes a permanent holiday. Newstalk's stand-in presenters are generally poor though so we should be careful what we wish for.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 10,581 Mod ✭✭✭✭humberklog

I used to have an Alfa Romeo. Every morning I'd have an air of nervousness before I turned the ignition. A moment of thought, intrepidation. What would happen when I turned the key? Would it start and purr like the 2.5l twin turbo beast as promised on the brouchure. Or would it not. A jump start? Wipers that wouldn't turn off. Start in gear?! You never knew what could happen. Ocassionally it did start first time and properly and you'd nearly forget what you were afraid of. Until the next morning.
    Come 12 o'clock I get the same feeling retuning to NWTK. Will Keane be away? Oh please, please, please don't be in. It's been a lucky few days and I fear I'm being lulled into a false sense of security. I've become almost casual I my mid-day tuning. I know it'll end in a big D'OH! at some point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭bogtreader

John keogh is okay but Eamon with his "come here listen to me " is irritating to say the least

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,335 ✭✭✭Heckler

bogtreader wrote: »
    John keogh is okay but Eamon with his "come here listen to me " is irritating to say the least

Eamonn "bare with me now, this is important". The fuppin toolbag.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'd love to think he reads boards, but I guess either he doesn't or he thinks its his style and is sticking to it.

Mike

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,494 ✭✭✭ronbyrne2005

I think he can be good at times when he sticks to his strengths. He is away a lot. I always imagine he goes on benders when Munster are playing etc.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,682 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Keogh is standing in for him again today.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭landmonster

I heard he had an overdose of sanctimony.

His last broadcast was brilliant. Coughing and spluttering and every link disconnected or lines were to bad to continue. Funny, funny, funny. He was like the 6 million dollar man re-entering the atmosphere..."she's breaking up! She's breaking up".

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭JimboJones74

Does everyone he talks to from Munster have to be a "legend"??. The slot on Fridays (I think) where he gets 3 personalities (normally Nell McCafferrty, Gerald Kean etc) to discuss the stories of the week is awful, awful radio.
    I think John Keogh is ok, still look back fondly on the Damo Kiberd days.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 24 Bum Boy

Has Eamo got a ginormous forehead or is that just me ?

D'oh! Who comes back to work on a wednesday?!
    I was hoping he was on maternity leave.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭Chiron

If you ask me he doesnt have nearly enough leave!

He is such a bad presenter.

John Keogh is streets ahead of him.

• Registered Users Posts: 650 ✭✭✭spiderdan

I actually think he's quite good, John Keogh is a very solid stand in IMO- maybe better

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭Stylo

but JK is Head of News - tho remember he used sit in for Aidan Cooney and others on the Late Night show on 98 - I think his talents are under used - maybe they should get DC to fill in permanently and fire EK's ass ? :confused:

Advertisement