Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top Player

Options
  • 28-11-2008 2:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 44

Is it cheating not to play the game on top player?Especially in the be a legend mode,i mean even with poor stats(beginning)i would be confident of banging in 20+ goals if the difficulty was on regular.Is the aim of the game not to build it up gradually and somewhat realistically?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,285 ✭✭✭Frankie Lee

If you are looking for realism you should have bought FIFA.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 44 Bernard Black

This is a pro evo thread,and you cant tell me FIFAs be a pro mode lasting four years,letting you pick what club you play for,having you starting in the 1st team after 5-10 games,playing/captain of your national team shortly afterwards is more 'realistic' than pro evo?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,743 ✭✭✭Rockee

Not very helpful input!

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

I find the game a bit easy on top player when playing master league. Only doing i'm a legend mode now and just after breaking into the 1st team. Its fairly hard to start out but once the stats start improving it'll get easier like the master leauge

• Registered Users Posts: 6,200 ✭✭✭crisco10

Is it cheating not to play the game on top player??

This is something I have thought, i think it kind of is. Although its very tempting to just drop the playing level a notch from time to time...ultimately it takes away from the satisfaction..

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭insomniak

im playing non stop on professional, i prefer that than top player, i picked attacking mid fielder and they put me as a defensive one, it worked out so well, got into top 11 in the league. but i am worrying that i'll never be put up front, i chose attacking mid fielder, ss and cf as my 3, so was expecting a forward role, ive gotten it like 3 times in all games

so if you are starting as an out and out forward, i would recommend going down to amateur etc if you dont have the patience to build

• Registered Users Posts: 803 ✭✭✭flushje

What a retarded statement to make. PES >*

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭insomniak

i retract my previous comment, if you start become a legend on the easier level, you cant change it again.... you have to stick on whatever level you started. on ps2 anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

insomniak wrote: »
    i retract my previous comment, if you start become a legend on the easier level, you cant change it again.... you have to stick on whatever level you started. on ps2 anyway

You can change it at the end of the season when it goes into negotiations.

• Registered Users Posts: 10 zico77

Vendetta wrote: »
    You can change it at the end of the season when it goes into negotiations.
    why!!:( could you not have told me this before

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 160 ✭✭Vendetta

Sorry only found out myself.

• Registered Users Posts: 189 ✭✭Ourlad

I've played Become a Legend for 6 six seasons on Top Player. I've won a Masters Cup but the League was very frustrating. Some games were ok and the games were fair but most games were a joke. My teams AI would just run into tackles and they would just stand looking at a forward walking through the defence. A few times the keeper would drop the ball with 3 defenders around it, they'd just look at the forward stroll in and tap it in without re-acting.

After playing a few games at Professional its much more enjoyable. Its no stroll but at least my teams AI seems a bit better and the likes of Stoke who put 4 by me with Villa weren't playing like Brazil everytime seems a bit more realistic.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Epic Tissue

flushje wrote: »
    What a retarded statement to make. PES >*

This forum is gonna be interesting..:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,503 ✭✭✭adamski8

i dont think its cheating just means your crap if you dont/arent able for it:D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Play whatever your most comfortable on. I was playing Professional in the old version but am on Top Player now. Enjoyed playing both ways to be honest.

Hopefully they'll be a super top player in the next version!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭s_carnage

Play whatever your most comfortable on. I was playing Professional in the old version but am on Top Player now. Enjoyed playing both ways to be honest.

Hopefully they'll be a super top player in the next version!!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,449 ✭✭✭Call Me Jimmy

Well it defo aint cheating but the amount of satisfaction I get playing something like pro evo would be related to the difficulty level. When ye score a goal, ye appreciate it alot more and are more excited. If ye do it on lower levels it's just like meh.

Advertisement