Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Owners - GPS Models 250/W, 255/W, 310, 710 - SD Max Card Sizes ?

Options
  • 28-11-2008 3:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 954 ✭✭✭

Hi All

I'd like to ask all the owners of the above GPS's what size SD cards they have in their units. I'm planning to upgrade a few Garmins, and I want to know whether to buy 2gb,4gb or 8gb SDHC cards for them.

Garmin officially say they support a max of 2gb on the lower models and 4gb on the 7xx. But I need to know has anyone used any 4gb / 8gb cards in their Garmin.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 stelydave

Hi,

I see this is an old thread but question not well answered online & this page comes up high in google when searching for an answer.

FYI - I formatted a 4GB SDHC card & it works just fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭leonil7

just buy a card no less than 4GB.
    img map files for the whole europe is already > 2 Gb.

and if you want to include other maps, like the US and other continents/ countries, you would need more memory. 4GB should be ok, but 8Gb is better. this cards are cheap now (in ebay) anyway.

and if you have time to wait for 3weeks, maybe you can buy them in hongkong at a more cheaper price (via ebay)

Advertisement