Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I need a small amount of attic insulation...

Options
  • 28-11-2008 3:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭

Hi hi folks :D

OK so now I need a small amount of attic insulation. The max I need is 1metre x 30cm (I don't know if they come in set widths, but possible? Could someone in the know confirm this??)

I don't know what sizes (length wise) they come in, so don't want to have to buy a 10m roll etc. because it'd just be a waste. If anyone has some leftover lying about i'd gladly give you the price of a pint for it, or otherwise, where would I get it? Any builders merchants? Or would I even get it in a place like Atlantic/Woodies/B&Q?

Thanks again folks :D

(Wonder if i'm making people even *more* suspicious now) :pac:

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

B&Q have the rolls for cheap enough, not sure how long they are once you roll them out.

This is some doomsday device you're making. I know some Libyans who have a bit of uranium if you're interested...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

Robbo wrote: »
    B&Q have the rolls for cheap enough, not sure how long they are once you roll them out.

This is some doomsday device you're making. I know some Libyans who have a bit of uranium if you're interested...

Good man, will pop out this evening

Uranium you say? Got their e-mail address? :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,460 ✭✭✭workaccount

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Good man, will pop out this evening

Uranium you say? Got their e-mail address? :D

Careful what you say there. You do know that's sideshow Bob your dealing with? :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 815 ✭✭✭KStaford

If you live near a Co-Op they will cut ya a bit from a roll. The lads in Athenry Co-Op gave me a bit of fibreglass insulation last week for free wyb.

B&Q are great and all that but dont have the flexability to provide you with anything in any format other than prepackaged.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭big b

Got some sort of lofty ambition, John?

:pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,957 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sounds like a perfect one for Galway Freecycle, someone is sure to have leftovers lying around.

Got some from B&Q, they had a 2 for 1 offer which was great, except for the fact that I needed less than 1m of it!

big b wrote: »

Oh you! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

Isn't there some new high-tech insulation, very very thin, with foil sandwiched between.... something?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

Pity I didn't see this yesterday, I have a load of the stuff lying around that was leftover from a Halloween costume I made.

Insulation anyone?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

What are you building John? Washers, funnels and now insulation.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,810 ✭✭✭DRakE

big b wrote: »

BOOO!

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 10,563 Mod ✭✭✭✭Robbo

Pity I didn't see this yesterday, I have a load of the stuff lying around that was leftover from a Halloween costume I made.

Insulation anyone?
    Argh, where would have been a pint in it for ya! BTW, attic insulation as a costume, christ you must have been itching all night? Heh, crabby! :D

Das Kitty wrote: »
    What are you building John? Washers, funnels and now insulation.
    If that's the only equipment you've seen me ask for on here, you've missed the best bits *muwhahaha*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 208 ✭✭scottledeuce

JohnCleary wrote: »
    Argh, where would have been a pint in it for ya! BTW, attic insulation as a costume, christ you must have been itching all night? Heh, crabby! :D

If that's the only equipment you've seen me ask for on here, you've missed the best bits *muwhahaha*

It was some sort of white cotton type and no surprise.....quite warm,
    end result was a 6Ft tall tampon walking around Galway Halloween night :)

I've been trying to think of a good use for it since but the cat really seems to like it anyway.

It was some sort of white cotton type and no surprise.....quite warm,
    end result was a 6Ft tall tampon walking around Galway Halloween night :)

I've been trying to think of a good use for it since but the cat really seems to like it anyway.

Please tell me you splashed some red paint on it?!?! :D

I was tempted to do that (dress up as a tampon splashed in red paint) after seeing a pic online but anyone I mentioned it to didn't see the funny side :(

Advertisement