Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Prices of Brake Kits - USA vs Europe

Options
  • 28-11-2008 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,683 ✭✭✭✭

I wanted to upgrade my brakes on the S Works to something with more bite, no point in having power unless you can bring it to a halt. I priced around, looking at AP Racing/Brembo/XYZ big brake kits, ideally looking for a drilled and slotted set of discs 11 inches or bigger, and 4 pot calipers, braided lines, etc. From any Irish supplier or UK supplier, it was working out to be around 1400.

I came across a company in the States called TCE Performance, who are doing Wilwood brake kits. A friend of mine who regularly tracks in Mondello has these fitted to his Cooper S and reckons their the labrador's liathroidís. The best bit? The kit from the States is working out at around 450 Euro for 6 pot calipers, brake lines, and custom made CNC brackets to mount it all. I sourced 12.5 inch discs drilled and slotted through work for 220 Euro. Total of 670 Euro, vs 1400 for an inferior setup.

I think with the weaknesses of various currencies at the moment, it's no harm if you're upgrading parts of your car to shop around!

Will post photos when the kit is fitted.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,720 ✭✭✭Hal1

It just goes to show. Just be sure the US parts are the same fitting sizes as Euro parts. I heard about EBC brakes and read they are very good, they work in tandem with ABS. Anyone tried these?

Advertisement