Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mortal Kombat vs DC

Options
  • 28-11-2008 3:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,474 ✭✭✭jim o doom

Whats wrong with it? I haven't even seen a screenshot so I have no info on it..

• Registered Users Posts: 17,247 ✭✭✭✭6th

Really? If you could say why you think its crap that would be great.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,005 ✭✭✭Creature

I don't need you to tel me why KiKi, actually I dedn't even need you to tell me in the first place :p

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,427 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

It's a mortal kombat game. You got what you deserved, there hasn't been a decent MK game ever.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,315 ✭✭✭Jazzy

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    It's a mortal kombat game. You got what you deserved, there hasn't been a decent MK game ever.

too true. i never got the hype about MK. was always the poor mans street fighter. if you wanted gore but still have a decent game, then Killer Instinct knocks the crap outta MK

shame about wasting the DC license :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Oh, I didn't buy it.
    My permanently-stoned workmate did ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

Lol MK vs. DCU is ridiculous.

I got it unfortunately. :/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

K.O.Kiki wrote: »
    Oh, I didn't buy it.
    My permanently-stoned workmate did ;)

If he's permanently stoned and he gave you the above review this has to be Clayfighter bad

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

all you want from mk vs dc is this

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Is anyone surprised this is ****? It sounds ****, and it looks ****. So therefore, its almost certainly ****.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

BlitzKrieg wrote: »
    all you want from mk vs dc is this
    That vid highlights everything that's wrong with MKvsDC: it's slow, the fighters are limited in movement & attack options, everything seems to turn into a knockdown (and they take ages getting up!!)...

I mean, compare it to a game which came out... 10 years ago?

^--SUPERIOR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 599 ✭✭✭TheWitch06

That vid highlights everything that's wrong with MKvsDC: it's slow, the fighters are limited in movement & attack options, everything seems to turn into a knockdown (and they take ages getting up!!)...

I mean, compare it to a game which came out... 10 years ago?

^--SUPERIOR

Love that evo moment. :)

"We just got a real match! Let's go! Let's go!!!"

• Registered Users Posts: 14,685 ✭✭✭✭BlitzKrieg

actually i couldnt give two f*cks about the gameplay, the only thing that even remotely tempted me about the game was the jokers storyline, and someone ripped all the scenes with him in it onto youtube hence my link.

Dont bother with the game, watch the videos for the storyline, have a good laugh at some priceless lines by the joker (KAHN!!!!) and enjoy some actually pretty decent cutscenes for a game.

I wasnt defending the game in my post.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 407 ✭✭kaiser soza

I too bought it just for the Joker and would recommend only to Hardcore fans of Mortal Kombat,
    Darkseid and Shao Kahn don't have fatalities
    , 6 out of 10, may be best to buy in the sales for €30 or less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Mr. K

Yeah, it always seemed like a game that might worth picking up cheap. Although it was never as good as SF, I have fond memories of playing MK2 as a kid. And SFIV will come along in February and blow this away!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Cunny-Funt

Retr0gamer wrote: »

^
    This

• Registered Users Posts: 8,067 ✭✭✭L31mr0d

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD DO NOT BUY THIS CRAP

QFT... I forgot this was in my rental queue at gamesenders (must of added it in a drunken stupor months ago) and received this steaming pile of crap through my letterbox. Played it for about an hour and tried to like it but couldn't. Maybe I'm too used to the fighting styles of Tekken or Soul Calibur but this game just feels so wooden and unresponsive, it feels like i'm waiting for my character to feel ready to pull off the move.

My biggest gripe is the lack of gory fatalities. This is what sold this game to me as a kid, and to have them removed to lower the rating and sell to a larger audience is disgraceful.

I gave it to a friend who is a big MK fan, beatemup fan in general, and an even bigger DC comics fan and he said he is struggling to complete it. But said he will struggle through the mediocrity to see the DC storyline finished.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

GAME have it for €32 at the moment. Was tempted but went for the new Tomb Raider instead for the same price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Thankfully Midway are going bankrupt so the awesomeness of Mortal Kombat's characters can finally move to a decent home

Advertisement