Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best of these hotels

• 28-11-2008 4:22pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,586 ✭✭✭

Hi, can any locals recommend me a hotel for a weekend break im planning in the city

Criteria is as follows...

Parking
    Quality of food - also do they give decent portions
    Proximity to shops and entertainment/pubs (avoid us needing taxi back)

Hastings
    Best Western
    Ramada

Thanks for any help :pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Which Best Western is it? If it's the White Horse...avoid avoid avoid avoid avoid. :o

The Ramada is good location wise, though neither it nor the Hastings are bang in the middle of town. The Ramada is a bit more modern also. I've stayed at the Ramada and been to a wedding at the Hastings.

Parking: Ramada and Hastings both have their own car parks. The Ramada is on a main bus route into town (you could probably walk it in 25 mins). The Hastings is on the road in from Strabane so I wouldn't fancy walking it. Taxis are mad cheap in Derry anyway so it would only be about £3 to get back to either I would imagine.

Nightlife: Ramada is on cityside so slightly closer to the nightlife. It's near a few retail parks aswell. The Hastings isn't undoable, but just wee bit further out.

Advertisement